How to breath

Jersey Jack

• Members

My flavor of the month is Ken Tamplin, whose vocal materials are really resonating with me.

One taste: Ken says that the feel of proper breath technique is identical to taking a deep draw on a joint and then talking to someone while holding back the exhale. :idea: And you know what? He's right! The deep draw engages the diaphragm (not much chesty toking going on....) and the the tendency to maximize THC exposure while yet goofing on one's friends perfectly models the goal of holding back a reserve of breath while letting just enough through to create sound. Genius!

Not that I have any first-hand experience of this, of course. But I thought the rest of you stoners would appreciate the insight. :cool:

• Members

I don't think singing and smoking drugs are even remotely similar....sorry...encouraging people to do drugs is a big fail....and discussion of same is not good....isn't that cause for banning on HC????

Yeah, what Static said! :poke: I'm merely presenting an analogy to something many folks here may have experienced in the past. I never said, and I don't believe that smoking anything will help you sing; it's that people who have smoked might find this a useful analogy.

And perhaps find a chuckle as well....:wave:

Perhaps I should ban myself. Hmm....

• Members

I'm pretty sure that's what Jersey was getting at...not encouraging people to spark up a fatty..

Ahem. It's called a DOOBIE, man. DOOBIE. Get it? Man? Man? Yeah...you got it...*stoned right now*

Nah, not really. But this IS a good example of how to breathe. It's the same thing as trying to sing a note with your mouth right in front of a lit candle and not blow the candle out. In both that exercise and smoking (properly smoking, not wimpy incorrect smoking) a cigarette or pot or anything really, you speak freely so you get a good, normal sound of voice, but with the least air possible being let out.

Very good. Man.

Archived