Tell me what you think

Slash9146

• Members

Really?I don't know who he is!I'll check it out, btw was the song a lot out of tune?And about the head voice/falsetto in the end(lol i can't understand the difference)doesn't it sound strange?Like too thin and different from the voice in the other parts of the song.

• Members

sure, i know, wasn't easy with guitar too and i know it takes a lot of time to develop.My question was how can i develop it?i tought i could play note for note the chords in the song and trying to get in pitch with each note recording it to check. Would it be a good exercise to start with?

• Members

sure, i know, wasn't easy with guitar too and i know it takes a lot of time to develop.My question was how can i develop it?i tought i could play note for note the chords in the song and trying to get in pitch with each note recording it to check. Would it be a good exercise to start with?

That would be a good place to start as far as ear training..

• Members

This ^^^^ Right thar.

If you can't tell if you are/aren't in tune then you can't progress any further UNTIL you have an ear

that listen to what is being output. Take an instrument (piano or guitar) and start strumming single notes

or just hit a white or black key.

Then pay attention and sound it out with your voice.

When your voice aligns with the timbre of the note you're hitting: that's the goal, every time.

Of course in order to learn the song you're singing you need to know the key signature

which comes from knowing basic music theory (cdefgabc) for the key of C.

You ever watch the Sound of Music man?

If not, I'd suggest watching it.

Not the entire movie but when she teaches them to sing.

Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do.

Ironically the song's mantra is: "When you know the notes to sing, you can sing most anything!"

Make sense?

• Members

I know u're right, thing is it takes time, I'm already practicing my ear with the Perfect Pitch program. Actually I know I'm not in tune there, don't even know why I posted it...I'm getting better, started hitting the right notes on slither. My guess is I'm out of pitch now because I haven't been singing in a while: I practiced for a month with singing success only vocalising without try to sing a song so know my extension is wider and I've lost my reference. When I sung more than a month ago a song, knowing that a note was on the edge of my extension now that note is no longer on the edge because I've learned to hit higher notes. That's my guess.

However do you think it's possible for a singer that out of tune to learn with practice?I'm willing to do it everyday, I want to learn so much!

• Members

If you have a Macbook or ipad/iphone/ipod touch, there is

a program called eTuner. You sing into a USB mic and it tells

you what pitch you're singing.

So pick any pitch, sing it, and listen to the vibrations/muscles in your throat.

Stop and repeat it again, using what you remember.

Also, try sustaining a pitch for maybe 5-10 seconds.

Basically, become aware of and listen to the inside of your body when singing.

When you are in tune with an instrument/voice, you should hear this resonant ring that isn't there when your notes are off. It's very noticeable once you know what it sounds like.

When you don't hear that resonance, listen to your voice, listen to the other instrument and determine if your voice is higher or lower. Do this while you are singing (so that you're hearing your voice and the other instrument at the same time).

• Members

I saw FSX and I think its pretty cool, what do you guys think? I would like a simulator like that but was wondering if it was good. Also, does microsoft provide a website to buy FSX with a credit card? I am lazy and would like to save a trip to the store. I also saw some of the addons for it and the F-35 looks awsome, but I would like your opinios first. Thanks

Ïîðà ïîêóïàòü íà äà÷ó áèîòóàëåò.

• Members

I saw FSX and I think its pretty cool, what do you guys think? I would like a simulator like that but was wondering if it was good. Also, does microsoft provide a website to buy FSX with a credit card? I am lazy and would like to save a trip to the store. I also saw some of the addons for it and the F-35 looks awsome, but I would like your opinios first. Thanks

Ïîðà ïîêóïàòü íà äà÷ó áèîòóàëåò.

Ok...I had to google FSX. A flight simulator...really? I smell spam!!

• Members

However do you think it's possible for a singer that out of tune to learn with practice?I'm willing to do it everyday, I want to learn so much!

Well...

(1) You have to put in the effort if you want to see results.

(2) Of course an out of tune singer CAN learn and get better!

They say it takes 10,000 hours to master any given profession/task...

That said, it has taken me a long while, mostly because when I first started

RnB (think nasal singers) was what I was subjected to and when I first started singing I wasn't good at all and I had a perfect ear at age 5, lol!

Gotta practice.

And you have to love it and have limitless patience, determination and motivation.

Whatever you do in life man, always be positive...ALWAYS!

Your growth and development (no matter what you do) is always attained

only when effort and perseverance becomes a commitment you don't let go.

Archived