Added an original song to my youtube channel (a ballad for a change)

GJaunz

• Members

I got some good feedback from Rod the other day (thanks Rob!). He mentioned that he thought my ballads are my strong suit, so I figured I'd get one of the ballads from my album up on my youtube channel. Anyway, here's a link if you want to check it out.

-Gianmarc

[video=youtube;LrgegTkC4_0]

• Members

When I was in Philly I would record demos with a song writer in Perkiomen, we would do whole day sessions once a month or so, he would write songs with specific bands in mind and coah me into the kind of vocal sound he wanted, aimed at the band, once the product was done, he would send it to his contacts and offer them to the bands producers, he made a good living of it! I got paid well for the recordings and he even cut me in some royalties of songs that I changed the vocal line or lyrics with him. Good way to make a living and if I could do it, I would!

You can!

Rod

• Members

@Rod: That's really cool! I have to say, now that I'm living pretty close to Los Angeles, I'm thinking it might be time for me to start finding people to pitch my songs to, thanks a lot for the encouragement :-)

@Jugulator: Thanks a lot! That's very nice of you to say :-)

• Members

Thanks Duke, yup, back in 2004 when Ron mastered my first album (my mixes were pretty bad back then, so if you hear any of that stuff, don't think his mastering has anything to do with the sub-par sound quality), he was spending most of his time working out of his studio, producing, mastering, etc (this was before he joined GnR). So when I finished 'Too Proud to Beg' last summer, I emailed him to see if he could recommend a good mastering engineer figuring that he wouldn't have time these days, but I lucked out and caught him between tours, so he said he could do it himself. He is super busy touring these days, so I was very lucky!

• Moderators

Great song, man! :thu:

Sounds somewhat Dream Theater-esque (to me at least :lol:). You got some really nice lines in there, I especially liked the lines:

"Now all the plans we made, we watched them bloom this perfect day"

"I'll be there for you, each passing day our love renewed"

Those lines are particularly strong, I found. While at this point, I doubt you're looking for songwriting suggestions (since you got it mastered and everything), overall I found the melody pretty good, but I feel that the melody could be stronger on a few parts. Also, though it may be personal taste or whatever, but I feel that the chorus is too long, too wordy and takes too long to reach the 'title line'.

But whatever, you're great! Always looking forward to hearing more from you! :)

Archived