Elena House sings "I Dreamed a Dream"

RobertHouse

• Members

The vibrato is a little annoying, not sure what makes it so though.

I do.

Elena your vibrato is uneven... its not always oscillating between the same two notes. And its sometimes flat.

Also it sounds like you may be running out of steam (breath) on some of those longer notes.

Overall a good performance though

• Moderators

Nice performance. Very cute video. lol :wave:

The vibrato does seem somewhat excessive. I think a subtle vibrato would work nicely though. Similar to your phrase "I had a dream my life would BEEE". If you did your vibratos similar to that "be", then your performance would sound better. The overall tone on that one seemed the best.

Are you having trouble with the higher notes? I think you might need to use more head voice on those. They sound somewhat 'belty', which I rather not do.

Keep on singing! :)

• Members

I know, I know everyone tells me I use too much vibrato but the odd thing is my singing friends have to force it and I have a very hard time calming it down. That was actually calmed down. Of course if I'm going to be on stage, no mic and sing to fill the fill the room, what I do would be fine. (I Know I can because my dad own an Opera House and I get to use the stage sometimes). But in reality I'll probably be singing with a mic so I do work daily to get that head voice.

Thanks Mikey...but don't worry, I can handle Duke of Boom.

Thanks for the feedback all.

• Members

Wow, your only 12...very good ...vibrato sounds fine to me. Wish I had your future. The song probably doesn't call for smiling but a little bit couldn't hurt:)...ahh...I watched again...you had some smiling going on...nice singing!!

• Members

I believe some of the annoyance with the vibrato is that you gain a lot of volume as it is engaged, which sort of saturates the microphone.

Or you simply compress your vibrato a bit too heavily, making it a bit too sharp for soft songs like these.

Either, way, this is impressive.

Most impressive.

• Members

I believe some of the annoyance with the vibrato is that you gain a lot of volume as it is engaged, which sort of saturates the microphone.

Or you simply compress your vibrato a bit too heavily, making it a bit too sharp for soft songs like these.

Either, way, this is impressive.

Most impressive.

Thanks for the nice comments.

I'm so excited that I gotta say something. You see, all my videos so far were done using our old camcorder and its built-in mic. Well today my parents took me to demo and buy a new mic. We got the Rode NT1-A with shockmount and popshield. We also grabbed an Audio Interface (I'm reading from the box) the Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 with Pro Tools 9 Audio Recording software.

Did I say I was excited!?!

Way too much to learn tomorrow...

• Members

Do you have goals and stuff with what you want to do? Do you want to be on Broadway and all that? You could be…right now you could be…very impressive, I say again.

Thanks Grace! I would love to be on Broadway but for now I'm working hard to get my head voice like I've mentioned before. Over the past many months, working some drills with my teacher, I have gotten a few notes higher before I start to crack.

Wish I could have your head voice, Grace! By the way...I couldn't find your home town of "Up your nose". ;)

Archived