Suggestions Please

staticsound

• Members

So I started a new job at an AV company, sparing the details, I spend a lot of time in the shop fixing mixers, mics, etc. Anyways, it's as dusty as a set of old man balls in there! The dust is killing me and my voice...any suggestions as to what in can do, besides the usual stay hydrated, take allergy pills...oh, and I don't want to be the only doofus wearing an allergy mask either, lol

• Members

dust control is an issue in my workplace as well.

you can 1) treat the symptoms, and 2) treat the cause. The cause is not so much general cleanliness, but what the {censored} is causing the dust. Are there {censored}ing plants growing, animals, are you working with dusty equipment that should be cleaned outside first. are you working with a lot of powders or something.

symptoms are like making sure they {censored}ing filters in the AC are fairly new. there are room air cleaners you can buy too, but they only treat the symptoms, not the cause. are people not using the shop vac when they're supposed to?

in my place the last 15 minutes or so of every shift is dedicated toward cleanup.

• Moderators

I would wear the mask. Your health is at stake. I use to work at a factory long time ago, extremely dusty environment. I would either wear a dust mask or tied a piece of cloth to cover my nose. Remember to Neti!

• Members

I would wear the mask. Your health is at stake. I use to work at a factory long time ago, extremely dusty environment. I would either wear a dust mask or tied a piece of cloth to cover my nose. Remember to Neti!

the only acceptable air mask without looking like a total tool is:

obligatory_gas_mask_id_by_buzzardbarf-d3

• Members

Some of the gear, eq's, power amps, fx units,...{censored} like that. If it sits long enough without going out on a gig, it collects a massive amount of dust. I spent the better part of the afternoon cleaning everything, so hopefully itll stay clean for awhile.

I've been using the netti pot like a mother{censored}er to keep my sinuses clean. Today was pretty bad though, inventory on ALL the gear...good thing I don't have a gig tonight. I miss my old job :mad:

@Rod Maybe I will just quit and be a full-time rockstar, lol. I'll have my team of accountants take care of the IRS forms, haha.

Archived