Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head

theminpoes

• Members

dude, u need to go to the gym, build some muscle, lose the specs, and get a hipper haircut. u could be a big star. post more {censored} on utube and the slick Justin Bieber manager-types will find u.

Haha thanks man. I put stuff on Youtube really infrequently. Guess that's one thing to get on

• Members

dude ur the clock is ticking away. u have to take advantage of this tween-teenage age gap quickly before it passes by.

{censored}, if i weren't working full-time in a variety of projects i'd mold u into something.

I'll get on it now.

• Members

Nice work. Like I mentioned before, you have a great voice. And that's good advice from Duke, if I were you, I would try my best to promote myself.

Btw, how old are you anyway? lol

Thanks! I'm 16.

And how should I go about promoting myself?

• Members

I like your performance a lot...the song itself, well, not so much. :facepalm:

:poke: Pick cooler songs--you're too talented to go down this road. You want girls your age to like you right? Right? Well, I suspect they like a little more edge to their rock stars....jus' sayin' :rolleyes:

But I saw an audience of 50-something babes going nuts for Barry Manilow on TV the other day, so if that's the crowd you're angling for BJ Thomas may be just the thing!

If not, then just make yourself a little more dangerous. You'll do well. :cool: Seriously. you're very good.

• Moderators

I like your performance a lot...the song itself, well, not so much.
:facepalm:

:poke: Pick cooler songs--you're too talented to go down this road. You want girls your age to like you right? Right? Well, I suspect they like a little more edge to their rock stars....jus' sayin'
:rolleyes:

But I saw an audience of 50-something babes going nuts for Barry Manilow on TV the other day, so if that's the crowd you're angling for BJ Thomas may be just the thing!

If not, then just make yourself a little more dangerous. You'll do well.
:cool:
Seriously. you're very good.

You said it Jack! :thu:

• Members

yeah, right now you are the epitome of the asian nerd.

that {censored} is toxic, and not in a good way. for one, girlz don't really feel tingles in their vags for asian nerds - it's just a fact of the world.

lose the specs, dress cooler, and choose cooler and more contemporary songs. then you'll have it made.

• Members

You are good, the song is old...drop the eletric guitar, get an acoustic, drop the music stand (at least don't make it obviuous! get it out of the shot), look at the camera, not at the stand or the neck of the guitar.

Look is cool, geaky cool, add something interesting in the background, not just some sterile non-descript room and you are good!

Rod

• Members

You are good, the song is old...drop the eletric guitar, get an acoustic, drop the music stand (at least don't make it obviuous! get it out of the shot), look at the camera, not at the stand or the neck of the guitar.

Look is cool, geaky cool, add something interesting in the background, not just some sterile non-descript room and you are good!

Rod

Don't listen to these two. Check out JerseyJack's avatar: he still things cowboy hats and plaids are in-style in New Jersey. And rodney...well, nuff said. Don't ask for advice on how to be cool from uncool people.

Trust me. I'm cool.

• Members

Check out JerseyJack's avatar: he still things cowboy hats and plaids are in-style in New Jersey. And rodney...well, nuff said. Don't ask for advice on how to be cool from uncool people.

Trust me. I'm cool.

Yes, of course, silly me. I've always wondered why I'm the only guy who walks around New Jersey in a cowboy hat.

My avatar photo, by the way, was taken at the Abobe Bar in Taos, New Mexico (:love:), where the margaritas and the old cowboy songs flow like manna from heaven. :wave:

• Members

Okay, I wanted to say 2 things:

1. I think the reason for my infrequent videos is because I want to build up views on the newest videos, which happens when I keep it featured on my channel.

2. I'm not so sure if I want to change so quickly to play different songs. I'm not sure what Jersey Jack meant by "cooler songs", but some of you keep suggesting me playing newer songs. However, I don't know if my current subscribers are subscribed to me because they like my choice in music or the singing itself. I don't really want to take the risk right now. I guess I'll edge the newer songs into my videos slowly.

• Members

Okay, I wanted to say 2 things:

1. I think the reason for my infrequent videos is because I want to build up views on the newest videos, which happens when I keep it featured on my channel.

2. I'm not so sure if I want to change so quickly to play different songs. I'm not sure what Jersey Jack meant by "cooler songs", but some of you keep suggesting me playing newer songs. However, I don't know if my current subscribers are subscribed to me because they like my choice in music or the singing itself. I don't really want to take the risk right now. I guess I'll edge the newer songs into my videos slowly.

look kid, Raindrops was cool back in 69 when Paul {censored}ing Newman did it. Cause Paul was awesome and he used it to pick up some broad. It's not cool today, and you're not picking up broads doing that song.

If it belongs in a musical, if it IS in a musical, or if its on Glee its NOT cool. If it's on the radio, it's 'cool' - capitalistically speaking.

Another measurement of "cool" is to ask yourself whether beach1, jvardon, or grace slick would listen to it? If the answer is "yes," then stay FAR FAR away from that song. Perhaps you could also ask yourself, "is this a song either me, theminpoes, or my parents would listen to?" If the answer is yes, it's probably not too cool.

It's just the way the world works son.

As for your subscribers? {censored} 'em. It's time to upgrade.

• Moderators

I don't think you need to worry about your current subscribers. If they are in fact "true fans" then no matter what, they wouldn't leave you, a genuine fan would respect the artist's creative development and growth. Besides, every Youtube user probably has hundreds of hundreds of subscriptions to even noticeable such a "drastic change". Change shouldn't always be viewed negatively, it could sometimes be for the better. To be honest, I think the risk is LOW and the rewards are HIGH, because you'll gain a wider audience.

• Members

Few things in life are certain, but this is: No one is subscribing to your channel because you are doing Raindrops. :eek:

And to qualify the Duke's comments, Paul Newman was in a movie (Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, I believe) that featured this song, but he did NOT perform it. At the time this song was considered very uncool by those of us who were into the music scene--strictly AM radio, not the kind of thing one would admit listening to, at least in my hippie/freak circles!

As to what's cool now, one way to find cool is to court the counter-cultural. The off-beat, the ironic, the witty, the politically engaged. John Lennon (or Bob Dylan) is the poster-child for this type. Anything your parents wouldn't like usually fits the bill. As I said earlier, girls are often drawn to the edgey, the guys that make their parents a wee uncomfortable.

What artists/genres are you drawn toward? If, alas, you're digging on Glee, then by all means center yourself there. How about you name your top five recording artists? That will give us some context.

• Members

Here is another tought for you, play Raindrops but make it newere, change the arrangement, give it something new so people get a look at the artist and not the Karaoke singer! You are to young to be singing songs from 1969 as is.

On Duke's coment...well it's Duke, you will learn...you can take his advice on what's cool or mine and Jack's, two guys that play out every week and have been doing it for a loooong time...Duke did you get out of your basement yet? :) Having said that, I agree with a lot of what he has posted for you here.

Rod

• Members

As to what's cool now, one way to find cool is to court the counter-cultural. The off-beat, the ironic, the witty, the politically engaged. John Lennon (or Bob Dylan) is the poster-child for this type. Anything your parents wouldn't like usually fits the bill. As I said earlier, girls are often drawn to the edgey, the guys that make their parents a wee uncomfortable.

times have changed, jackaroo. John Lennon is not the 2011 poster child of cool. In fact, he hasn't been since the late 60s.

i couldn't tell u one girl who even {censored}ing knows who john lennon is, and i know plenty.

• Members

Here is another tought for you, play Raindrops but make it newere, change the arrangement, give it something new so people get a look at the artist and not the Karaoke singer! You are to young to be singing songs from 1969 as is.

On Duke's coment...well it's Duke, you will learn...you can take his advice on what's cool or mine and Jack's, two guys that play out every week and have been doing it for a loooong time...Duke did you get out of your basement yet?
:)
Having said that, I agree with a lot of what he has posted for you here.

Rod

Yeah, I guess I could do that with other songs, changing the arrangement.

Archived