Acid Reflux

staticsound

• Members

Just wondering if anybody that sings or has sung on a daily basis experiences acid reflux? I've found that the more hours a week I put in singing, the worst the acid reflux is...to the point where I'm taking antacid pills now. I've read somewhere that use of the diaphragm forces more of the acids back up into your throat. Don't know what to think about that though. Anyways, just wondering if this is a problem for anyone else or if I'm just a weirdo...lol

• Members

I live on Prilosec, daily! Switched to a prescription that cost me over $140 for co-pay and decided to go back since they both did basically the same thing!

The thing I found is that the more intense my week is in terms of singing, the worst it gets but fortunatly the Prilosec keeps all in check! Other that that, do not eat 3 hours before going to bed and you will be amazed how much better you feel!

Rod

• Moderators

no idea about the pic either lol

Anyway..

I use to have some acid reflux issues. But I realize you don't really need any medication for it. Just try to reduce your anxiety/stress levels, reduce high fat food (eg. ice cream), avoid late night snacks and overeatting, then you should be fine.

Btw, did you try out that exercise?

• Members

The only thing that really helps is the antacid pills. My diet is pretty good, minus the late night eating.

I listened to the exercise, haven't done anything vocally for a couple days. I had a 3 hour gig last weekend and a 3 hour gig Friday night...so I gotta recover a little, lol. I'll let you know how it works out, back to my routine tomorrow and I'll throw it in there.

Archived