bad etiquette

noisetrip

• Members

excuse my bad etiquette for posting my singing without posting in many threads. i'm very much self taught and would like some feedback on my vocal performance. a couple of things to be considered.

- i was drunk

- i sang in a foreign language

also, i spotted a few messy areas in my singing so i apologize for scratching your ears. it would be great if you could reply and let me know what you like/don't like. :)

http://soundcloud.com/noisetrip/djelem-djelem

or

http://www.noisetrip.com/kvr/vocal/djelem%20djelem.mp3

thanks

• Members

Well…this is rather impressive. Why were you singing this? You say it’s not your first language? And you were drunk? Drunk and singing that sort of thing doesn’t mix well in my mind. Lol.

Anyway, I would find it easier to judge how good you are if you sang something more along the lines of pop or rock or English melody type songs…you sound really good to me though, in this particular rather specific form of vocalising…I like your slightly scratchy, worn tone.

But yes, comment on others’ clips and post on a few threads first (which I see you’ve now done, so that’s good), to have GOOD etiquette, heheh.

• Members

cool! thanks grace_slick. :) i don't really know why i sang it. it just seemed like a good idea. yeah it's in romani (which is the gypsy language) and it's supposed to be the gypsy anthem (very sad song) i like this place. very friendly people.

• Moderators

This is a cool song. One of my friends from school sings this type of music (I even tried to practice it :facepalm:)

I just love the wailing-type of tone in this kinda music. It kinda reminds me of that singer featured in Sting's Desert Rose.

• Members

Yeah, it's a pretty cool place.

Where're you from? America? Can you do a song we'd know, so we can judge your voice more accurately?

not american born but i live in the states. i speak pretty fluently. i don't have anything current but i found something from years ago. it's a gimme shelter cover that my buddy made me sing. much different character than the first post.

http://radio3.cbc.ca/#/bands/Steven-West (sorry i don't know how to link directly from the page and i don't have the song itself but it's on the right under music)

• Members

This is a cool song. One of my friends from school sings this type of music (I even tried to practice it
:facepalm:
)

I just love the wailing-type of tone in this kinda music. It kinda reminds me of that singer featured in Sting's Desert Rose.

hehe. i wasn't going for that but i definitely see your point. :) thanks for the listen. appreciate it.

• Members

You know what? This is OT but I keep thinking your name is NOSEDRIP instead of NOISETRIP. lol

LOL!

Very beautiful. You sing very well! You have lots of power in your vocals. Even though I can't understand what you're singing about, I can feel a lot of emotion from your voice.

Next time I want to hear something in English. :)

• Members

LOL!

Very beautiful. You sing very well! You have lots of power in your vocals. Even though I can't understand what you're singing about, I can feel a lot of emotion from your voice.

Next time I want to hear something in English.
:)

thank you very much. :) i'll try to do something in english next time.

Archived