Lower throat tension...

• Members

Hey guys,

before asking a question I will give you a notice about my voice:

1) I'm absolutely sure my breathing is great. I've been working on breathing for last months (maybe even a year) and I came to the point where I guess that I have great breathing control, always breathing pretty low from the diaphragm. That helped my support greatly so I guess that my breathing and my support are just fine and under control.

2) I can sing pretty demanding songs right now since I fixed my breathing. It's usually rock, but I try to sing with not much rasp in my voice (I rarely do it because I know the risks)

...and that's all fine, but still I find that after singing for 30mins/1h or so, I feel kind of tension/soreness, in my LOWER throat (I don't feel that much of tension in higher part of throat). Even with this tension I can still sing same demanding songs, but it doesn't feel nice, right. Of course I stop singing when I feel that tension, I'm just saying how it feels.

Sorry I can't post any audio currently, can't record it, so I tried to explain as much as possible...

So if your breathing and support is fine, and you don't do raspy singing often... what might be the causes to lower throat tension. Any tips?

Thanks,

Nick

Archived