Always need something in Hands when singing?

• Members

Ever since I started playin guitar I feel like I always need something in my hands when singing or else I feel like a tool. Is this normal?

Maybe its cause once you get more used to singin you need to do more {censored} at once to keep you stimulated or something? what do u guys think?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There's no shortage of things to focus on when singing, that's for sure.

I just think you're feeling uncomfortably pretentious when you're singing without doing anything with your hands, for whatever reasons.

• Members

I used to feel the same way... I also felt extremely awkward without an instrument.

But now I notice that I sing much better without an instrument, so I kind of convinced myself that it's better if I just don't hold the instrument

• Members

Maybe I could hold my boob while I sing.

Bahaha! I second the youtube vid.

For the longest time I never felt comfortable unless I had a guitar strapped to me. The more I got into singing though, I wanted to completely focus on that. Plus, sans instrument frees you up to stumble around the stage like a jackass!

• Members

Serious? You know I'll do the Youtube vid. I can't resist. lol

And yes, I surf the net while singing...sometimes I sing the wrong lyrics cause my brain gets muddled between what I'm reading or typing on the screen and the words I'm singing...

This is only for songs that I haven't written. For my own songs I read the lyrics I've just typed out on the screen and don't do anything but that.

Here's your silly boob-holding video. It's not a naked boob by the way. I wouldn't stoop that low...here. lol.

• Members

Serious? You know I'll do the Youtube vid. I can't resist. lol

And yes, I surf the net while singing...sometimes I sing the wrong lyrics cause my brain gets muddled between what I'm reading or typing on the screen and the words I'm singing...

This is only for songs that I haven't written. For my own songs I read the lyrics I've just typed out on the screen and don't do anything but that.

Here's your silly boob-holding video. It's not a naked boob by the way. I wouldn't stoop that low...here. lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4Q6Pe9T2Xk

Best post EVER! 2.gif

Archived