anybody watch american idol?

• Members

i dont know why scotty is in the finale, Lauren is good but not amazing, Pia deserve that place more that they two togheter

Well, Scotty seems to have most of the pre-teen and teen girls' votes.

• Members

I agree. Scotty is not a great singer. Lauren is better, but still not that great. They're both probably very good in terms of marketability, but talent-wise they could be much better.

Wow, lots of sour grapes goin' on here. Both of them have awesome voices, are their styles my cup of tea? No, I'm not a fan of country music, but I can't deny that they both can sing really well.

Fact is, they're on TV in front of millions about to get themselves a somewhat decent record deal while you're in front of the computer or TV watching.

• Members

Wow, lots of sour grapes goin' on here. Both of them have awesome voices, are their styles my cup of tea? No, I'm not a fan of country music, but I can't deny that they both can sing really well.

Fact is, they're on TV in front of millions about to get themselves a somewhat decent record deal while you're in front of the computer or TV watching.

Sour grapes? lol, no. It's called an opinion. They both have good or great voices, but IMO I don't think they're that great at singing with them, at least not American-Idol-1st-and-2nd place-winner good. Someone who I think is much better than Scotty is that country singer guy on The Voice right now on Blake Shelton's team. He has much better vocal chops than Scotty, who pretty much gave the same performance almost every week. This is coming from someone who's not a country fan either.

Fact is, just because you're famous and have a good record contract doesn't necessarily mean you're a great vocalist.

• Members

Since it's decided by popular vote, this is never a singing competition but a popularity contest, they are both good singers and deserve to be there since they got the votes, how can one argue with that? The Voice is great but once it goes to live shows with public votes, it also will no longer be about singing...shame...

Rod

• Members

i dont know why scotty is in the finale, Lauren is good but not amazing, Pia deserve that place more that they two togheter

C'mon man really?

You don't know why two teeny bopping "singers" are in the finale, while Pia and James Durbin were eliminated?

It's obvious to me. If you can sell to 10 year olds...you're in. NO question. Consider this:

-Adults and people with actual taste don't buy into the hype...

-Someone gullible, easy to manipulate and susceptible to marketing has to... ala: 5year olds----?

Archived