Please Critique my singing

• Members

Dear singergirl246: The reason you're not getting very much response is that you rarely, if ever, respond to other people's recordings--pr participate in any way outside of threads about your own singing. For what it's worth, I think you're great, but if you only post about yourself....well, people lose interest.

• Members

Dear singergirl246: The reason you're not getting very much response is that you rarely, if ever, respond to other people's recordings--pr participate in any way outside of threads about your own singing. For what it's worth, I think you're great, but if you only post about yourself....well, people lose interest.

Thanks. Well, I'm very busy and I also post on 5 other cites, so It's not that I don't care, it's just that literally can't. I don't have a lot of time with school, acting, and music.

• Members

Also it's not like I can seriously help people on here like most of the professionals on this bored. I've had lessons and I've been performing since I was 4 but all I can really tell people is that they're too flat, sharp, can't stay on melody, need to raise soft pallet more or need to breath through there diaphragm more. That's really it. I leave the rest up to you guys.

• Members

Heheh, professionals, eh? Hardly any of us are professionals as far as I know! Some of us are doing gigs and being paid for stuff, but a lot of us are just at-home singers...I definitely am (FOR NOW!)

I post on multiple boards too...this is my main one though. It's my "home" board for music stuff. The others aren't the same. And if you've got time to RECORD a clip of yourself singing, then you've got time to post some stuff here (as well as your 5 other boards) that doesn't relate to your own song clips.

• Members

Dynamics, You sing amazingly but it lacks a certain emotional quality that soul music just HAS to have. For instance, think about that first verse-

Looking out on the morning rain

I used to feel uninspired

And when I knew I had to face another day

Lord, it made me feel so tired

Before the day I met you, life was so unkind

But your love was the key to peace my mind

It IS emotional, it comes from a reflective state of mind. The song should build into that euphoric moment when she tells her lover, YOU MAKE ME FEEL. then calm when you say like a natural woman. This song is about love a vast and dynamic emotion with ups as high as you can go and downs as deep as the darkest trenches. The song lacked a softness in parts that just needed to be there to really get passed wow that girl has a great voice, and into Wow that is a GREAT song.

• Members

Thanks. Well, I'm very busy and I also post on 5 other cites, so It's not that I don't care, it's just that literally can't. I don't have a lot of time with school, acting, and music.

Schnerp.

• Members

Thanks!

I also had a question about my whistle note around 2:35. I seriously figured out how to do that two days before my performance so it's still very rough. I'm in much need of pointers on how to get better at it. Also if you're good at figuring out what notes are being sung could you please tell me the notes I was singing there. That would help so much. Thank you so much guys!

• Moderators

You got a great voice. Sounds very powerful.

I will give you my honest critique. I agree with Tburn. Its lacking some dynamics. In your performance you seem to be singing using the same dynamic throughout the whole song. You're constantly singing loud almost the whole time, which doesn't necessarily mean 'dynamic'. There doesn't seem to much change or variation in volume or tone. This can sometimes be fatiguing for the listener. In this case, the instrumental seems to be setting the mood more rather than your voice, since there's movement in the music, but the intensity of your voice remains fairly constant. It would be easier and more effective to build a song climax by adding more dynamics, such as softening up the verses more, softening the first couple of choruses slightly and then save the 'loud dynamic' for the end.

• Members

You got a great voice. Sounds very powerful.

I will give you my honest critique. I agree with Tburn. Its lacking some dynamics. In your performance you seem to be singing using the same dynamic throughout the whole song. You're constantly singing loud almost the whole time, which doesn't necessarily mean 'dynamic'. There doesn't seem to much change or variation in volume or tone. This can sometimes be fatiguing for the listener. In this case, the instrumental seems to be setting the mood more rather than your voice, since there's movement in the music, but the intensity of your voice remains fairly constant. It would be easier and more effective to build a song climax by adding more dynamics, such as softening up the verses more, softening the first couple of choruses slightly and then save the 'loud dynamic' for the end.

YUP...

• Members

I don’t think whistle register exists in guys…only girls…but I could be totally wrong here.

When I used to do the whistle stuff, I’d feel like my throat was almost entirely closed and my larynx was held really high in my throat…it was quite uncomfortable…and hard to control…had to use a heap of air to get the sound. The sound itself wasn’t breathy, but I needed a lot of air to push any sound out.

Archived