falsetto blown out?

• Members

my falsetto always seems to either be there or not there :freak:

sometimes I can sing the u2/coldplay stuff and then some days its just HHHHHHHHHHHHH

nothing

wondering if it is reflux etc? ...crazy thing is a huge night out , my falsetto can be perfect the next day...and my speaking voice sounds 'beat'

• Members

I think is not normal i lost me falsetto about two weeks ago i did make even a c6 with my falsettos, but now i cant I think is normal in my because im a man, but in you is so weird

HUH??

• Members

You must really abuse your voice to blow out falsetto, I mean really, what the hell are you all doing to blow out falsetto!? Curious here!

I sang from 9:30pm to 1:30am on Saturday, back at work Sunday at 8:30am and sang again Sunday night from 7:30pm to 11:30pm with no problems, now I am going to practice tonight and ready for another weekend...what can one possibly do to damage their voice so much? Lessons peeps lessons!

Rod

• Members

You must really abuse your voice to blow out falsetto, I mean really, what the hell are you all doing to blow out falsetto!? Curious here!

I sang from 9:30pm to 1:30am on Saturday, back at work Sunday at 8:30am and sang again Sunday night from 7:30pm to 11:30pm with no problems, now I am going to practice tonight and ready for another weekend...what can one possibly do to damage their voice so much? Lessons peeps lessons!

Rod

For me falsetto is always the first thing that goes and the last thing to come back. Until your post I thought that was a universal truth... fatigue and illness have been my issues for the most part, not vocal abuse.

• Members

Maybe it's me being extra careful Mike but I never, ever, have lost my falsetto, and since I had throat cancer back in 2002 (that's another story), I have rehabed and have only lost my voice when seriously sick and those were more congested issues of legitimate strap, etc.

Can it be that poor monitoring is what is most common here and people over-do it so they can get heard? I know that was a problem for me a long time ago, and still is for many new singers I meet! Somehow singers think that it's ok to need to scream in order to be heard over the guitar and drums! I over monitor! Even with my duo, I always use my TC Helicom monitors, I don't care if the venue is quiet, or loud, I can hear myself!

Rod

• Members

First, congrats for beating throat cancer... that's pretty awesome that you not only came back from it but that you still have your singing voice...

Yeah not being able to hear yourself properly - esp for novices - can be a real strainer on the voice.

Personally, I think I may have been a sickly child :-) If I don't get my rest and/or I get sick, my voice suffers... I am starting to think that I may have some sort of damage as for the most part my voice has not been 100% right for a couple months now.

• Members

Go see a doctor Mike, I was diagnosed with cnacer after arguing with doctors for over two months!!! I was younger, never smoked, and don't drink heavely so they kept telling me it was a bad cold, then a throat infection, then strap, etc...I had to argue with them for them to dig deeper since I know my voice and I knew something was not right!

The reason I knew something was wrong was loss of range and power, first I lost dinamic, then higher head voice, then chest...all I had was a monotone throaty tone and falsetto...that's when I got worried!

Rod

Archived