Cover of "Last Goodbye" by Jeff Buckley- This is the best my voice has ever sounded!

GJaunz

• Members

Hey everybody,

I'd love to get some feedback on this cover I did of Jeff Buckley's Last Goodbye. He's a huge vocal influence for me, and I've been meaning to record a cover of this for years, so I'm pretty stoked about it! I did all vocals, instruments, and production. Check it out!

Thanks,

Gianmarc

[video=youtube;kFDd0N8JlZE]

• Members

AHHH, I have been posting ALL around this forum that I HAVE NO ACCESS TO MY STUDIO so will be listening to everyone's stuff on MONDAY when I get it BACK.

Otherwise of course I wouldn't comment on HAIR rather than the OP! I'm not THAT stupid for {censored}'s sake.

Edit 1 - I too find it annoying and kinda amusing when people do just that. Comment on everything BUT the OP's purpose for the thread.

Edit 2 - you dislike me quite a bit, don't you Mikey?

• Members

Wow! Rob! You're back!
:eek:

Where did you disappear off to?

Uh, I just went through a little depression, seems I go through manic depressive cycles.. And if I knew simply posting would cause grief I probably would've refrained, so sorry fellas.. :p

Would it really take weeks or even months to get a haircut, Duke? I've been working and focusing on graduating high school in two months.. lol

• Members

Uh, I just went through a little depression, seems I go through manic depressive cycles.. And if I knew simply posting would cause grief I probably would've refrained, so sorry fellas..
:p

Would it really take weeks or even months to get a haircut, Duke? I've been working and focusing on graduating high school in two months.. lol

Thanks for dropping off the face of this earth!

I was talking to my self for days after you up and left our chats in gmail dude!

• Members

Sorry but I don't read every thread on this forum. Did not see that until after I posted. But it would not have changed my post regardless.

Not sure if this was directed at me or not but if so I would point out that even my "off-topic" post was on-topic. And I would challenge you to find very many instances where I go seriously off-topic in a thread.

:facepalm:
I am not going to turn this thread into a public pissing match but you really need to stop internalizing everything.

Sorry Mikey. I'm not in my right mind lately. When I said I find it annoying & amusing when people comment on anything but the OP's topic and not listening to their clip first, I wasn't referring to anything you'd said. I was just agreeing with you when you mentioned me and Duke doing it in this thread, that's all. Saying I personally wasn't guilty of that, but that it does annoy me when I see it. That's all.

And I'd never accuse anybody of going off topic entirely. I de-rail billions of threads here! But I DO post comments on the original clip first.

And yes, I internalise EVERY LITTLE TINY THING.

• Members

Thanks Mikeyparent (great pic with the keytar by the way)

@RodClement: So true what you said about feel, if that's there, then nothing else matters. That's very cool you dug the feel of my cover, thanks a lot!

• Members

@JohnBenussi: Thanks a lot! Thanks especially for noticing the falsetto to head voice changes, I was especially proud of them :-). I'd definitely recommend you check out Jeff Buckley, he's one of the best singers in rock history in my opinion, a true original. Checked out some of your stuff on soundclick btw, great singing!

@SergioLeone: Thanks a lot! :-)

• Members

I'm a technical singer stickler kind of guy, I notice those little things...

Yeah, I will check him out. I've heard many people sing or mention Jeff so I should check his work out.

...Oh and thanks for listening. My music computer took a crap so I'm out of commission for a bit :(

Archived