How to get rid of nasal voice?

greenoz

• Members

I jam with my family recently with videoke. There are song that i sang too nasal, i don't know. I feel that my singing is husky and everyone could not understand my singing. My cousin told me that i'm eating my words while singing. Thanks to their criticism but i don't know how to get rid of it.

• Members

If you want to fix a nasal sound, find a song you think you sound nasal in. This may sound dumb, but it works. Sing part of a melody in the song, wherever you feel you sound nasal and instead of singing the words, stick your tongue out and instead of singing the lyrics, make an aah sound, like "at" without the T. Do the melody like this 5-10 times. Always works for me.

• Members

Pinch your nose; if your sound changes you are nasal. Move the focus of your voice as if you were projecting it between your eyes as opposed to in your nose. Move it until your sound doesn't change anymore when you pinch your nostrils. That is the right placement.

• Members

Pinch your nose; if your sound changes you are nasal. Move the focus of your voice as if you were projecting it between your eyes as opposed to in your nose. Move it until your sound doesn't change anymore when you pinch your nostrils. That is the right placement.

I tried that and it actually works but is annoying as hell. Would be pretty hard to focus like that everytime you sing.

I have stuffy nose 365 but am beginning to embrace it as I think it makes my voice sound unique. plus I am scared of all medication.

• Members

Wow, this is really good and effective. And it's positive that most of the time, i'm using my nasal.

• Members

I tried that and it actually works but is annoying as hell. Would be pretty hard to focus like that everytime you sing.

Perhaps, but it works. After a while you'll begin to feel the correct coordination and eventually it will become habitual. I had a terrible problem with nasality and now it's pretty much under control.

Bear in mind that it is impossible to sing the nasal consonants M and N with your nose pinched. These sounds will simply be nasal, no matter what you do. But you should be aware of words that contain these sounds and avoid hanging on them. Touch quickly on M & N when they occur, and then move on.

Archived