Switching vocal mode

• Members

Well, I managed something quite by accident.

I said in a thread a while back how I'd been practising singing over my own vocals with different tones or vocal configurations. Basically, you sing in one tone, record, and sing on top in a different tone. Helps control consistency of tone.

By accident, as I result, I am finding that I can switch tone on the fly, a lot easier than before, too. I definitely remember having trouble with this particular ten second practice clip. Today, I was just messing around, and bingo, no problem switching. (Don't pay any attention to phrasing, or even correct melody. I didn't bother checking any of the hundreds of versions of the song. I just winged it. The important part of the practice is being able to switch mode on the fly).

Mix - Head - Chest.

A number of other clips have become easier, as well. I used to get stuck in mode a lot.

(There will be trolls. Ignore them. Stay focused. smiley-wink)

• Members
Well let's put it this way, this is far better quality that SLM posted on fer a few month ago giving an example of switching modes

Which one was it now..there's too many ..I forget..or I bleached it from my brain. Maybe it's still on Soundcloud.

I'm trying to crack the code to his file names, I like how he has a system. Must have a lot of them on his hard drive.

So the first set of characters is an abbreviation of the phrase ( note it's not always the song title ) so EGS = Everybody's Gone Surfing

The numbers must be the number of recordings made of that phrase...so 001 must be the first..blimey..are there really 25 " I Wanna Hold Your Hands ? "

What does FRP stand for then..it's a mystery ..some others end FERHP..adn others still LEP...so his Pee is constant ..we know that much.

Maybe it's what he's wearing at the time ? Furry Red Pajama's ? Fully Ripped Pants ? Fedora, Reebok's & Poncho?

That 10 second little clip of "video killed the radio star" was the worst thing I had ever heard on this forum. And you CD agreed with that!

I don't know if it was as bad as the brutal murder of the Duran Duran classic Rio..honestly...HNIR060LVP

LVP = Limited Vowel Production

Archived