Critique my voice please? Everyone is welcome!

Nevertoolate

• Members

Hey Guys,

Thought I'd put myself out here before I venture into music world with my voice.

I've been taking singing lessons on and of for over half a year. About ten lessons, obviously want to do more, but its really expensive. I spend my down time practicing and youtubing different techniques and stuff. Learned the the basics of music theory, spend hours in the car ( the most private place I have) recording myself, listening and singing again. BUT I've seem to hit a ceiling. Usually when I listen to myself the next day I can distinctly point out what it is that needs more work. Any critique you guys have is more than welcome and really appreciated, wether it be pitch, tone, technique musicality, breath support or even the way I sing into the mic. I added the soundcloud link for the voice clip. The goal is for me sound as where people hearme and think wow, hahah. Don't know if its for everybody but I guess I had to set some kind of goal :)

Anyway, thanks a lot!

• Moderators

Hi there and welcome to the forum,

I had a few listens to your clip. You naturally have a good sounding voice, though a bit raw sounding. A bit pitchy in a few places but nothing that can't be fixed or improved upon. I think the main thing you could work on more is breath support. I feel like you are holding back a little bit too much. You're not letting the voice come out fully, and has the tendency to get breathy at times. Though some songs need a delicate touch, I think you could go for a bit more volume. Also make sure to be aware of your posture when singing, if you're singing sitting on a car seat it might affect your posture and as a result may affect your overall breath support as well. I can hear potential in there if you continue working on the voice and receive proper instruction.

Archived