No announcement yet.

Stabilizing the ee vowel

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stabilizing the ee vowel

Sorry for messing around with this Beatles song by singing it from memory. I know the phrasing is all wack, etc.

I know how to stabilize the 'ee' vowel, if necessary (by shifting toward 'ay'), but can you tell me if the ee's sound stable enough in this clip?

https://soundcloud.com/kickingtone/lib004lep

Thanks,

vibrato should just happen naturally if everything is working properly . I wouldn't use the word "stabilize" because it gives u mental imagery of staionary static , when in reality it's a vibration, an oscillation and it s never "stable"

Comment

the "EE" sounds weak and I hear no vibrato

Comment

The thread has nothing to do with vibrato.

Someone with a good ear and good understanding will know what I am talking about.

Comment

when you sing that bit "let it be" it is like you are climbing up the notes into your passagio range and your "ee" sound becomes weak like your voice is ever so fading/ cracking
          ​but it is ever so slightly noticeable and nothing major
          Last edited by New2; 11-13-2017, 08:45 PM.

Comment

The fade effect is something I practice, and is intended. I use a trace of falsetto to do it when I want.

That's a style choice, and I know that there is little point arguing about it, particularly with people who like loud and belty. They don't get it, just as I don't get belts, shrieks and whoops. They waste their time trying to tell me how to get it more belty or shrieky!

What I was concerned about was..

1. The type of change in registration on "of trouble". It's deliberate, but sometimes it can cause pitch ambiguity. Pitch ambiguity is something that goes away after a few listens, so you need fresh ears to know if it was really there. You have to listen again after a long break, or ask someone else.

2. The "be" in the fifth "let it be". I'm hearing a bad onset on the "e". The other be's seem ok to my ears.

3. The onset of the e in the final "let".

Comment

Originally posted by kickingtone View Post
              The fade effect is something I practice, and is intended. I use a trace of falsetto to do it when I want.

That's a style choice, and I know that there is little point arguing about it, particularly with people who like loud and belty. They don't get it, just as I don't get belts, shrieks and whoops. They waste their time trying to tell me how to get it more belty or shrieky!
              Well please your self what you do but I think most on this forum would prefer the full effect

Comment

Working...
              X