Singing critisism

kellykitten

• Members

Just my opinion:

You should be able to tell better than anyone else whether or not you are straining, because straining is about how you feel.

The first clip sounded as if it is outside your current range. Your pitch perception is ok (as your second clip shows), but your first clip shows that you have not yet found a solid technique to hit and transition between the higher notes, and deliver what you perceive. So practice should focus on exploring technique more than strengthening your current method.

Your second clip sounds way better. To me, your tone sounds as if your breathing is coming from the right place. So, perhaps the technique there is developed enough to focus on strengthening. To achieve more accuracy and resonance on the higher notes, you have to figure out how to control and slow (ease back) the breath. That takes strength in the diaphragm and trunk muscles.

• Members
Just my opinion:

You should be able to tell better than anyone else whether or not you are straining, because straining is about how you feel.

The first clip sounded as if it is outside your current range. Your pitch perception is ok (as your second clip shows), but your first clip shows that you have not yet found a solid technique to hit and transition between the higher notes, and deliver what you perceive. So practice should focus on exploring technique more than strengthening your current method.

Your second clip sounds way better. To me, your tone sounds as if your breathing is coming from the right place. So, perhaps the technique there is developed enough to focus on strengthening. To achieve more accuracy and resonance on the higher notes, you have to figure out how to control and slow (ease back) the breath. That takes strength in the diaphragm and trunk muscles.

Thank you so much for listening and giving your opinion! Ill try and talk to my choir teacher at school. Maybe he can help me with getting high notes out and having a good technique to it.

I may sing the second clip song for the talent show, but I may leave out the high notes unlessl I find out how to hit them.

• Moderators

Hi Kellykitten,

I had a listen to you clips, I like your voice and I think it has a lot of potential. There is a nice tone to your voice and your pitch is pretty good. Some things you could improve upon might be your diction and vowel clarity. There is also no need to be overly critical about your own voice. No matter the skill level of the singer is not reasonable to expect yourself to always sound at your 100%, we're human-beings not robots. lol. If you have issues when it comes to straining and vocal fatigue, then it might be helpful to find a voice teacher who can help guide you and improve on vocal technique. Keep on singing!

• Members
Hi Kellykitten,

I had a listen to you clips, I like your voice and I think it has a lot of potential. There is a nice tone to your voice and your pitch is pretty good. Some things you could improve upon might be your diction and vowel clarity. There is also no need to be overly critical about your own voice. No matter the skill level of the singer is not reasonable to expect yourself to always sound at your 100%, we're human-beings not robots. lol. If you have issues when it comes to straining and vocal fatigue, then it might be helpful to find a voice teacher who can help guide you and improve on vocal technique. Keep on singing!

Thank you!!

Archived