Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

pearl jam: jeremy (take 2) please review my singing?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pearl jam: jeremy (take 2) please review my singing?

And to think there are some of you boys with 100s or even 1000s of pounds worth of recording equipment at home and hear is me with my laptop free version of Audacity and my £5.99 head phones and mike set from PC world LOL.
    ​Anyway I uploaded a cover of myself singing this song to this forum a few months ago and I was told my pitch was off!
    In this time I have been practicing 5 tone scale set and other exercises that are on the same pitch as this song and I now have finished the exercises and had time to re-sing the same song.

​This is an upload with the volume of the mike turned up a bit
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/4xvv7wol1z...2%201.mp3?dl=0

And this is an upload with the volume of the mike turned down a bit
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/gglzk673bg...2%202.mp3?dl=0

​What dose my pitch sound like? are there any underlying issues I need to address please?

Thanks
    New2

there's no specific issue, it's just not good. there are a couple spots where you are on pitch, but largely, it's really off pitch and it doesn't sound good. when you hit high notes it sounds really squeezed/disconnected and generally unpleasant . (that being said, it's not all just about being on pitch)

if you don't take it seriously, as in, getting a decent mic, (you can also get Reaper or Ableton for free demo DAW software) and putting serious training in, then the result be poor.

if you aren't taking it seriously, and you are brandishing the fact that you have cheap equipment etc, then why would any one take your effort seriously.

if you don't even take yourself serisously then how do you expect to get any better.

Comment

It sounds like you're having a lot of fun though... Lol. It just sounds like you're joke-singing or trying to be funny/comical (and it *is* actually funny, so you succeeded). Nevertheless, I have to agree with the above comment in that it doesn't sound like you're taking this seriously to be honest. Haha.

Aside... This is one of my favorite songs, can you refer me to where you got this instrumental? Thanks.
      Last edited by partlycloudy; 09-14-2017, 08:25 PM.
      a

Comment

Ok then. It's terrible. Sing easier stuff. Sing only easier stuff.

Learn To Learn

Check back monthly.
        Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

No need to feel discouraged, this is a quite challenging song. But I can definitely hear the improvement compared to the last time. I can hear noticeable improvement to your pitch as well as your tone. The main thing that matters is you're seeking to get better, little by little each day you can get better by continually working on it. Remember how I mentioned that "Champagne Supernova" song? I think that would be the perfect song for you to practice on it. Its melody is catchy and memorable and song dynamics don't deviate too much. I would give that one a shot.

Keep it up! You're making steady progress.
          Moderator - The Singer's Forum
          Follow me on Twitter and Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by davie View Post
            No need to feel discouraged, this is a quite challenging song. But I can definitely hear the improvement compared to the last time. I can hear noticeable improvement to your pitch as well as your tone. The main thing that matters is you're seeking to get better, little by little each day you can get better by continually working on it. Remember how I mentioned that "Champagne Supernova" song? I think that would be the perfect song for you to practice on it. Its melody is catchy and memorable and song dynamics don't deviate too much. I would give that one a shot.

Keep it up! You're making steady progress.
            thanks for reviewing it again davie.
            so do you think my voice is more suited to liam gallagher then eddie vedder?

and do you think if i had a decet microphoe it would sound much better over the air?

let me cut the chase, is this one good enouth to be sang publiclly yet?
            Last edited by New2; 09-20-2017, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by New2 View Post

thanks for reviewing it again davie.
              so do you think my voice is more suited to liam gallagher then eddie vedder?

and do you think if i had a decet microphoe it would sound much better over the air?

let me cut the chase, is this one good enouth to be sang publiclly yet?

I wouldn't pigeonhole yourself regarding certain artists/singers, I would prefer singers to find their own individual sound, so that you can sing a song and make it your own. Your mic also sounds fine, it sounds nice and clear. I think we should focus on a song that is more easy to follow, I find this Pearl Jam song to be more on the busy-sounding side. I think this song needs a lot more work to be ready. As I said before, we can try the song I mentioned, or you can email me a list of artists/bands you like and we can look for a song that works better.

Comment

Originally posted by partlycloudy View Post
                Aside... This is one of my favorite songs, can you refer me to where you got this instrumental? Thanks.
                you can download the backing track with words as an cd3 file from sun fly karaoke web site but you have to pay a small fee for it

Comment

I wouldn't pigeonhole yourself regarding certain artists/singers, I would prefer singers to find their own individual sound, so that you can sing a song and make it your own. Your mic also sounds fine, it sounds nice and clear. I think we should focus on a song that is more easy to follow, I find this Pearl Jam song to be more on the busy-sounding side. I think this song needs a lot more work to be ready. As I said before, we can try the song I mentioned, or you can email me a list of artists/bands you like and we can look for a song that works better.
                  to be honest i would rather work on the techniques needed to learn hard songs then try and do something easyer

Comment

Originally posted by New2 View Post

to be honest i would rather work on the techniques needed to learn hard songs then try and do something easyer

The techniques used in hard songs are the same as the ones used in "easier" songs. My suggestion to work on easier songs, at least in the beginning, is to gradually build confidence singing and gradually build up to working on more advanced songs. However we could continue to work on advanced songs but focus on one section at a time.
                    Last edited by davie; 09-21-2017, 07:45 AM.

Comment

However we could continue to work on advanced songs but focus on one section at a time.
                      sounds like a plan

Comment

btw when I say "take you seriously"---I don't mean be overly serious . music and performance is about having fun and letting it go. but the tehnical stuff sill needs to be there

Comment

Working...
                        X