Looking for some feedback

• Members

Hi there,

My name is George, I'm an 18 year old based near London in the UK.

Much like others, my dream since I can ever remember (probably around 4-5) was to be a singer. Not neccesarily for the fame and fortunes, but just because I feel so alive when I'm singing.

Only problem is... I thought I could and never would be able to sing well. I used to sing purposefully infront of mates and family, and although they've never said "yo man stop you suck" they've not said "you're pretty good" either.

I've never actually properly sung infront of anyone... so I thought anonymously on a great forum like this would be ideal.

Just looking for feedback really. Do you like the sound of my voice? What should I improve etc...

FYI: This was also a one-taker so sorry for any mistakes that make it sound awful.

https://soundcloud.com/user-816679353/feedback/s-SRO5u​

Hopefully that website is allowed, if not I'll upload it elsewhere :)

MANY THANKS TO ALL YOU LOVELY PEOPLE!!!

• Members

hello George!! your soundclip link is not working try another site or different way start out by getting some karaoke songs you like off amazon also get some vocal workout dvds off amazon digital music about 7-8$ maybe a book used off amazonamazon on singingto get some knowledgeable ideas on vocal practice stay focused on it an work on practice iwith a little help from vocal workout dvds and karaoke get a dynamic mic and a mic cable later on work your way up to a powered mixerand a couple of 12 inch speakersor 99$ for a 100 wat powered speakerhttps://www.amazon.com/LyxPro-SPA-8- for abot 100$ to start out with amplified gear

• Members

hello George ill check back for a link to listrn to you but get some knoeledegible vocal workout dvds and a used book or two on singing for some good ideas on what to practice on start out with less expensive amplified gear work your way up to more expensive and better gear as you improve! remember no one sounds great when they fist start!!! 100$ POWERED SPEAKER IS FINE FOR A LIVING ROOM OR BEDROOM TO STSRT SINGING AMPLIFIED WITH A DYNAMIC MIC AS YOU GET BETTER THEN LOOK FOR A CONDENSERMIC THEY ARE POWERED WITH 48 VOLT PHANTOM POWER WHICH IS 48V THRU THR MIC CABLE BUT START OUT UNAMPLIFIED WITH SOME PRACRICE DVDS AND KARAOKE SONGS THEN GET A CHEAP POWERED SPEAKER TO STSRT SINGING WITH A MIC

• Members

Hi George

It's a bit too short to hear what your voice is like properly, a full song would be better. I think you have potential though, the basic sound of your voice is good. Tone is clear, it doesn't sound squeezed or grating in any way, the phrasing is along the right lines.

It gets pitchy after the first line but that's just practice. So I reckon the raw materials are there, you just have to put the work in. I think if you spent some time with a good singing teacher and practised hard you could become a good singer.

Hope that helps

• Members

hello George!! I listened to your souncloud clip sounded fine to me for someone just starting out the raw material is there get some vocal workout dvds off amazon digital music and a karaoke song or 2 you like along with a couple of used books on sining to get some knowledigble ideas on what and how to practice work your way up to amplified gear as you get better and then work your way up to even better pa gear again dtart with focused practice with vocal workout dvds some karaoke start out with an inexpensive powered speaker for a100$ get a mic cable and a dynamic mic keep practicing eventuslly get a handheld condenser ie akg c5 and a 24v phantom power source condensers make it easier to sing eith less energy let the pa and condenser mic do all the work

Archived