DigiTech Vocalist VL3D question

DChord568

• Members

I just picked up a used one of these cheap and have played around with it for one night on my own. But tomorrow night is the first band practice at which I'll have a chance to try it out, and I'm wondering about this...

I'm in a three-member acoustic band, and all of us sing. So I have no intention of using this unit's harmony capabilities...we have that covered. I'm hoping, though, that some of the other effects (e.g., compression, minor pitch correction) will be useful in some way to enhance our vocals.

My question concerns doubling, which I know technically resides in the unit's harmony section. Since the idea is to only double on the same pitch(es) being sung rather than adding others above or below, will I have to run a guitar through the unit so it can sense the chords being played? I'd rather not do this if I don't have to, but is it likely to be necessary?

Thanks in advance for any help!

• Members
I have a VL4' date=' and you can tell it the key you are in; I'm not sure about the VL3. I've never actually used that function, since I'm pretty much playing guitar and singing when I use it[/quote']

Yes, the VL3 has this function too...but I'm hoping I can get away with not using it OR a guitar plugged into it!

Guess I'll find out tomorrow night; just thought maybe someone might have had some experience with this. Thanks for your reply.

Archived