Review my voice, I have no idea!

ryanconway

• Members

http://picosong.com/dTVm/

I just did some random scales, and the end was a freestyle of Chris Cornell - You Know My Name, didn't have a reference so not sure if it was in pitch, there is no compression so careful with volume!

I feel like I sound okay to myself but when I listen back to me singing with instrumentals my voice has a harsh bright sort of sound to it, and imo probably sounds a bit silly! But I do have some sort of control over pitch, vibrato and a distortion sounding thing. D5 is where I have to change into this Micky mouse sounding thing to get any higher.

I make music so I'd like to be able to sing over them and not sound like death, so I'd appreciate some guidance.

• Members

Hi!

You have a good notion of pitch, which is nice, but its still all very raw, you are speaking it more than singing. Consider taking lessons on technique, specially if you are into Chris Cornell and more aggressive styles, its worthwhile. As it is now, it may sound harsh and bright because the timbre is being "eaten" away, you have a nice voice so it should not be a problem once you get the technique going.

Felipe

Archived