Is my voice worth the time and effort to refine?

Ebil_lightbulb

• Members

I just started singing and playing guitar two months ago. I have had no lessons and was never encouraged to sing before so I never tried to find my voice before now. I'm having trouble finding my voice and I jump genres so often that I haven't locked anything down. I have no consistency with the quality of my voice, sounding amazing one day and terrible the next, using the same songs. I feel like I need to lock it down to a few songs and work on them until I find my voice and can use it with the same quality every time. I just had this song pop in my head so it's what I used for this. Honestly, I sing other songs better but I had fun with it so I thought it was as good as any to show here. I haven't actually practiced this song at all so ignore the guitar, but it does show the raw instability of my voice lol. Does my voice sound like something that could be great with enough work? I would hate to spend so much time on it if I'd be better off just focusing on guitar.

• Moderators

Had a listen to your clip. For someone who's only been playing and singing for 2 months, I would say that you're a natural. I think you're a pretty good singer with a lot of potential. Definitely keep on going!

• Members

Hello!! I listened to ypuy song swveral times carefully. I enjoyed it!! you sin and play fairly well!! astonishing considering you have only a couple of months practice!! don't give up get a free cdg plyer cdg is karaoke cd like hara fun and get a couple of karaoke cds from amazon and work on four songs you like and go out and play in a karaoke club you will get some applause!! THE FACT YOU CAN SING AND PLAY AT THE BSAME TIME IS A VERY GOOD SIGN!! THE NEXT STRP IS A POWERED 12INCH SPEAKER AND A SMALL MIXER MAYBE YAMAHA MG10MIXER WITH COMPRESSUON ADD A VOCAL AKG D5 MIC FOR 70 AND YOUR READT FOR BIGGER THINGS OR MAYBE AN AKG C5 VOCAL CONDENSER

• 9 months later...

Archived