Please comment! Star-Spangled Banner (Minor Key Version)

partlycloudy

• Members

Here's me singing the Star-Spangled Banner (US national anthem), in a minor key so it's kind of haunting. It's one take, there are some audible mistakes in it but I make a few mistakes on each take and CBA to splice together multiple takes. Also, since it's acapella I decided to drown it in reverb to make up for the lack of instruments. :p But you can still hear me fine.

http://picosong.com/zrZC/

What do you think? Thanks!

Btw, since it came up in another thread: I'm not trying to be a professional musician here, lol, it's just for fun.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

You've certainly gone to town making it "atmospheric" with the reverb. :-)

Sounds OK, generally. Your voice is full. But I am hearing a fair bit of nasality, and some diction problems related to that. I don't know the words and I couldn't figure them out in some places. Your consonants are also very soft, which didn't make it any easier. I guess that an anthem is one kind of song where clarity is a must, not a question of style.

Dunno if you are asking for more specific comments, as you have already acknowledged "audible mistakes" that you want to take care of by splicing!

• Members
You've certainly gone to town making it "atmospheric" with the reverb. :-)

Sounds OK, generally. Your voice is full. But I am hearing a fair bit of nasality, and some diction problems related to that. I don't know the words and I couldn't figure them out in some places. Your consonants are also very soft, which didn't make it any easier. I guess that an anthem is one kind of song where clarity is a must, not a question of style.

Dunno if you are asking for more specific comments, as you have already acknowledged "audible mistakes" that you want to take care of by splicing!

Thanks for the feedback! I am glad it sounds OK :). I will work on the nasality and hopefully that will take care of the diction. I've noticed I don't enunciate very well even when talking.

Yeah, if your have more specific comments I'd be glad for them, ideally I wouldn't have to splice together multiple takes to get a good take lol. But this is good feedback, so don't feel obligated. Thanks again.

Archived