New member here: vocals feedbacks needed

lubeck

• Moderators

Hi and welcome lubeck,

I think your voice has a nice unique quality to it. Breath control and resonance could be better in my opinion. Nothing voice training can't fix. I honestly think you would greatly benefit from some voice lessons. Feel free to post any questions you may have.

• Members
Hi and welcome lubeck,

I think your voice has a nice unique quality to it. Breath control and resonance could be better in my opinion. Nothing voice training can't fix. I honestly think you would greatly benefit from some voice lessons. Feel free to post any questions you may have.

Thanks for the comment. I will begin lessons but I do fear to get a more polished voice, while I do want to gain more "edge", to have more aggressivity in my singing. What have I to do to get more aggressivity in my vocals ?

• Members
Your photo sense is either arty or horrible. I'd prefer a panorama shot.

To be honest, it's just two pics I've got from my phone to fill the screen and neither of them were mine ahah. Might consider to take pics by myself next time.

• Members

Thanks for the comment. I will begin lessons but I do fear to get a more polished voice, while I do want to gain more "edge", to have more aggressivity in my singing. What have I to do to get more aggressivity in my vocals ?

Breath (pressure) control and resonance are also the basis of all the safe aggressive qualities in vocals. Even though they may sound "throaty", it is proper control of the diaphragm that is important.

Getting that extra projection and intensity will also allow you to explore options other than "aggressivity". For example, you could aim for "command", rather than "aggression", which I think would really suit your voice, well. But then, it is all a matter of artistic preference.

• Moderators

If you find a vocal coach who can teach your the proper and healthy vocal technique then you can pretty much do anything with your voice. Your voice will gain more range, control and more expressiveness. You will be able to sing soft and loud with intensity. I tend not to use the term "aggressive" in my coaching as it can lead the singer to forcing or straining the voice. Work more on controlling the breath and opening up your upper resonance to enhance the intensity of your vocals. It's mainly achieved by producing high overtones through upper resonance.

Archived