Help with range

Evansweg

• Members

I'm not sure what topic to put this under but ya... So I am most definitely tenor and I am classified as one. My vocal range is A2-C#5 sometimes A2 (occasionally lowest note is G#2 and sometimes even G2) and highest is a D5. I am more comfortable higher up and so is my falsetto. But recently, my falsetto has been able to go REALLY low but only at nights and mornings. Usually my lowest falsetto note is E3 and D3. But at night and morning recently it's been a B2 and even once a A#2!!!!! I'm really confused, and I don't know what this means and I don't want to lose my high range and become lower if that's what it means. I don't know if this is normal, but I'd like some insight on this and see if my falsetto won't be crazy low when I'm in my twenties and my range end up REALLY low. I am currently a 16 year old male and I have gone through puberty. So if you could tell me if this is normal and if it doesn't mean I'll lose my high range, then thanks.

• Members

Hi Evansweg,

Are you 100% sure that you're falsetto can reach your lowest note?! In all my years of singing I've never met anyone who could do that haha. It's particularly odd especially since classical singers do use your falsetto for low notes unless for easier transition into higher falsetto. My advice to you would be to stop practicing your low falsettos as your throat could get used to reaching your lower notes that way and your low notes will suffer. Probably you could show us a recording of it too if you don't mind haha its quite amazing very-happy.png.197c47f720636f02390cc2b0a33804da.png' alt='smiley-veryhappy'>.

Archived