I need your feedback on my unprofessional singing very much!

• Members

Hello! My name is Dana, I'm 19. I would like somebody to listen to my recordings and express their opinion. I have started to sing just recently so I would greatly appreciate any advice from you. Of course, I do not expect a huge analyse of my singing. I just want to know whether I should continue working on my voice or maybe I have no singing abilities at all? Thank you a lot in advance!

​https://soundcloud.com/user509926678/mon-homme

https://soundcloud.com/user509926678...lamour-meurt-1

• Members

Playing an instrument be it voice or kazoo is a labor of love. Those that succeed have persevered simply because that is what they do. If sing is what you want to do than sing you will. How good you get will always be a function of wanting it enough to deal with the workload and exercising the patience to not get ahead of yourself and abilities.

• Members

Ok I listened for a bit and I like the sound of your voice. I don't understand French but your vocalizing sounds very natural and liquid. That said, aside from the lilt and vibrato at the ends of certain phrases, I hear mostly talking. Musical talking but I'd like to hear the same thing with backing tracks.

• Members
Of course' date=' I do not expect a huge analyse of my singing.[/color']

But what exactly should I do?

"Exactly what you should do" depends on a "huge analysis of your singing." :-)

At some point, you, or somebody, has to do that huge analysis.

When listening to clips, I look for two things, in general: INTENTION and PRODUCTION.

INTENTION is the sound that you are trying to make. It is the idea that is in your head that you want to PRODUCE.

PRODUCTION is the technical ability to produce your INTENTION.

Listening to your clips, your intention seems to be fine. That is a very good sign.

Like everyone else, you then have to work on improving production, and keep doing so for as long as you want to sing.

I would recommend focusing on basics to start with, like making sure that every single note, every single syllable, can be heard on pitch. It takes practice. Listen carefully for short words or syllables that you are speaking, rather than singing. Make sure each and every one has a clear pitch, not just the words that you want to stress.

Archived