Does this song work with my voice?

• Members

I recently covered a "funky" song and I wanted to know what you guys thought about it.

So far, my friends and family say my voice fits it perfectly but of course, there's some sugar coating going on for sure.

It's not an English song. It's a K-Pop song.

• Members

I like K food. When I was a teen a friend's mom made us Kalbi grilled over charcoal. Big ole chunks of meat - not the thin slivers you get in some restaurants. It remains one of the truly awesome flavor experiences in my memory.

Kpop not so much. Unless it's those slinky chicks and their ii V ! routines. Apop too. Electro pop in general is a lotta packaging and minimal music so when you ask is your voice right for this, I'm like that's your voice?

• Members
I guess you are gonna need a K-Pop enthusiast to answer your question. I don't know what K-Pop is supposed to sound like. But' date=' if it Michael Jackson minus one octave, you've nailed it, lol.[/quote']

Well, K-pop is heavily influenced by Western music (seems like it nowadays). I don't think you have to know K-pop to judge the musical style? But that's just me.

LOL. Michael Jackson minus one octave. Thanks!

• Members

I liked and thought you sounded very Bruno-esque. The auto-tune was a little obvious in places, the first breakdown being a glaring example. But if you can pull it off live, I'd say go for it. Nice track, by the way. Is that your track or canned?

• Members
I liked and thought you sounded very Bruno-esque. The auto-tune was a little obvious in places' date=' the first breakdown being a glaring example. But if you can pull it off live, I'd say go for it. Nice track, by the way. Is that your track or canned?[/quote']

Thanks! I'm going for that Bruno Mars-like style. Yeah. I settled for pitch correction over re-recording because I didn't want to pay for another hour at the vocal booth. My personal policy when it comes to pitch correction is that I won't correct a note unless I know I can pull it off live. That way, if the day comes that I gotta do something difficult live, I won't look stupid doing something I can't do.

The track is an existing song released last year but I know the composer through a friend so I got permission to use it. I have a few tracks I'm working on that I might be releasing this summer.

I think it's very well done. I think your voice fits very vell this kind of song. Maybe a little more energy on your singing wouldn't be bad' date=' but you're already at a high level. Cheers![/quote']

Haha. My biggest difficulty is adding strength to my voice. I'm working on it. One day. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Yes, the advice was adding energy. That's true. It sounds a little "heady". It sounds great, but with more energy it would match better to the music in my opinion. So perhaps you need to work on exercises that strengthen your voice... and as you do it you'll add more "chest" to your high notes and it will give you more power. You want a more rounded sound with lots of "overtones" which will make it nice and full.

Archived