Mad World Cover - Please Critique a beginner singer

JakeLee95

• Members

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_YzpOfKwus&feature=youtu.be

Mad World Cover

Hello, I've recently been very interested in singing, I'm very amateur and just hoping to get some help and criticism from the skilled singers here, please feel free to be as honest as possible and provide any tips on how to get better.

Additionally some questions,

- what kind of vocal exercise should I be doing?

Should I invest in a vocal teacher? Or is it possible to sing on my own?

Thank you :)

• Members

Hi, @JakeLee95.

This isn't bad. It's evident that you don't have much vocal training, as your voice is inconsistent in tone and strength as you go up and down in pitch. That is quite common, and nothing to be ashamed of, just something to train on. Your pitch is pretty good overall, but your lowest notes are a little pitchy and your highest notes sound a little uncertain. Again, that's mostly from not being trained. The sound of your voice is pleasant, and you have the potential to be a much better singer than you presently are.

I suggest you find a training program that suits what you want to do and Train your voice. I don't think you will resolve most of your issues by just trying random things on your own. You need something that will work your voice down low, up high, and in the middle, and create a feeling and a sound of consistency in your voice. You need a full program that will work your voice from start to finish and give you real goals and accomplishments.

You have the ability to learn to get this consistency and also to improve your tone. It just won't happen on its own.

A good vocal program will give you strength training, will cause you to stretch your chest voice higher, will improve your tone, will give you the facts that you need to know about supporting your singing breath and building your voice. That stuff doesn't happen by accident. There are right ways to go about singing and there are random ways. I recommend finding the right ways.

You have a decent voice, and you seem to want to find the things that will let you be free with your voice to pick and choose what you want to sing without fear of the unknown.

Do some shopping around and some comparisons. There are good vocal programs out there that are worth the investment of your time and money. Then there are those that are not so good. You will have to sort that out. Do some investigating, and follow your dreams on the wisest path you can find.

All the Best, and good luck to you!

Bob

• 3 weeks later...

Archived