Looking for brutally honest feedback on singing and voice :D

blueberrydreams

• Members

Hi smile.gif

I've been singing for fun while playing the guitar or hanging out with friends for a few years. I've been wanting to take it more seriously lately and would love some real and honest advice and what I could do to improve! I've been feeling a bit stuck and like I'm not getting better lately :/ Feel free to be mean, I have thick skin and I can take it if it means I could improve myself!

https://soundcloud.com/tiinamaria

• Members

@blueberrydreams,

Your voice is very interesting. You have a nice style. You could work on your breath support to give your sound a bit more consistency and control. You are very close to having a handle on this, but you need a little work in that department. This will help you to get a handle on a few of the "iffy" pitches, and transitions between chest and head voice.

You should pursue this. You're in pretty deep with all of these recorded covers, so this must be something you're serious about.

Get a little training to give yourself a bit more of an advantage in knowing better how to control and adjust your voice. You're very close. You just need a little more polish and technique to lean on. No sense in stopping short of how good you could be if you just go for it with a bit more technical proficiency.

I think this is what I may have told you the last time you submitted dozens of covers. You're improving. Why not go all the way?

There is no reason to be mean to you. Only honest. Good is good and needs improvement is nothing to avoid. Tackle your weaknesses and convert them into your greatest strengths.

Good job.

Bob

• Members

Thank you for once again taking the time to comment :) You have given me contructive advice and things to think about for my next covers and I appreciate it!

Looking back on my older covers I cringe since I feel I have improved since them but definetly have a long way to go... I really do want to learn a professional technique and gain better control of my voice, I don't know where I'm going with this singing stuff all I know is I love it and it seems like the only thing I want to so anymore :,)

Thanks for your feedback!

Archived