Our new cover "photograph by Ed Sheeran"

paokz

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

This sounds really good. I would suggest that you try to reduce the contrast between your chest voice and the high head voice parts. I agree that when Ed Sheeran sings it, his voice contrasts here a lot, as well. I just think that when you get to the head voice part, you may want to soften it a little more so that there is less of a contrast. You might even put a little air in it, although I normally discourage increasing the airy sound in vocals. Perhaps just backing off the mic, or, better yet, decreasing the air pressure on your voice in that part of the song, making the sound a bit reduced.

You certainly have the range to hit the notes in that register. But you may find that producing the tones at a reduced volume and pressure level is a little challenging and may take some practice to get sounding good.

Don't get me wrong. It sounds good. I just think it would be even more effective if you could more artistically blend back and forth between your chest sound and a more artful head voice sound that suits the character of this song better.

I'm just one person, so don't be offended by what I have to say. I'm here to offer help and to critique singing for those that want it. That's my take on your demo.

Good Singing to You!

Bob

• Members

Thank you so much for your notice about my voice..Yep i know what are you saying and no im not offending..i always take the help of other people..But 2 things..I found this on karaoke so its not really my tone and i recorded bellow hard blankets..i dont know if that matter..Thanks anyway..Im waiting for your reply!

• Members

Well, certainly recording under blankets could put a damper on things. Just for fun, you might try recording it in a bright room with hardwood floors, to see the difference. Sometimes recording in a really "live" room can get a nice sound, and it just might be a little more favorable for recording your head voice.

Bob

Archived