What's my vocal type?

GalacticMind

• Members

I am untrained and have roughly a 3 octave vocal range (No falsetto). I can go from e2 (a lil bit uncomfortable, chest voice) to d#5/eb5 (newly discovered head voice) and with my falsetto can go from g#4/ab4 to around d6 with ease as it has always been strong and I can add vibrato to it easily too. My chest voice range spans from e2 to eb4 and there is a break between e4 to around g#4/ab4. My head voice starts at g#4/ab4. I think I might be a baritone but my chest voice lightens considerably as I go from the 2nd octave to the 4th octave and is suited for 'soft' vocals. My head voice sounds eerily similar to my falsetto for some reason. It is very light and delicate and soft but quite 'malleable'. I cannot put any power into it without it cracking into whistle register since it is very hard to control and I've just discovered it... My falsetto on the other hand is strong and has a natural vibrato to it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

If I were you, I would avoid getting drawn into a vocal caste system that tries to put you into a box. You are a singer, and you sing what you want to sing. Don't let anybody tell you that you can't sing something because of your "vocal type-caste".

All the Best.

Bob

Archived