Online Voice Coaching Program

Jordyg

• Members

Hey Harmonycentral!

Before you start responding with the casual 'It's better to go face-to-face when it comes to vocal coaching', I am fully aware of this but I'd like to give it a go with an online vocal teach/coaching program, and afterwards check the results. If all else fails, I'd probably put the effort, time, and gas into driving to a (pretty far away) vocal coach.

I've done some research and I know there are a lot of 'groupies' out there who promote one vocal coach and turn others down. I would love to get some constructive feedback/replies to what and why one might be better.

During my research I've found coaches like the casual Brett Manning program (Singing Succes), Kevin Richards (Breaking the chains), Ken Tamplin (Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy), etc.

These top 3 came to mind when actually deciding to pick one, however there's a lot of marketing and promotion going on with these, which make them seem a bit 'unreliable' for me.

They are somewhat expensive but I guess buying a new guitar of 300$ might be the same as buying a program which helps you train the voice for 300$, but I'd be very picky to buy one then...

My goal is to learn to sing some rock, hard rock and maybe even punkrock. I'd love to be able to sing with more power and range. I know Ken Tamplin or Kevin Richards would be the best coaches for this but Brett Manning is great as well, so I heard.

Can someone please respond with any online/DVD programs experience and if it was worth it? Also which might be the better one out there for me?

Thank you!

• Members

Hi Jordyg,

Here are my top picks for vocal programs I recommend personally in no particular order - I can vouch for these coaches (I am friends with Ken Tamplin & Jaime Vendera) that they know their stuff very well:

- James Lugo's Vocal Asylum

- KTVA

- Jaime Vendera's Raise Your Voice

- Seth Riggs' Singing For the Stars

- And my own singing program (shameless plug): http://www.grow-the-voice.com/best-o...ng-course.html

Please don't be disturbed by marketing, it's what vocal coaches have to do in order to be seen amongst the noise, what matters is if the courses truly deliver.

What I think will help you decide on a course is what type of issues you actually have. Every course has a "personality".

For example, Brett's course encourages people to relax a lot with no mention of support or breathing. This tends to lead to many people actually under-engage their voice. So his program would NOT be suitable for someone who naturally speaks softly or isn't used to being loud. It would be suitable for someone who is already used to OVER engaging the voice and needs to learn how to get the cords to function without extrinsic tension. See what I'm trying to say here?

If you send a recording to me of your voice I can tell you what course would best suit you.

Best wishes on your singing journey

Archived