suggestions for clearing up mucus?

J.Paul

• Members

I've been experimenting with things to reduce occasional swelling and have had good results,

my next project is to find something (or a way) to reduce or clear out any mucus that may be in my throat or vocal chords when I am preparing to warm up and sing for the night.

Does anyone have any suggestions or things you have used in the past that got good results?

• Members
If you're okay with spicy flavors, a warm cup of ginger honey tea really helps clear mucus.

I drink ginger tea before performances to clear mucus and it's really great.

Oh great, thanks so much ...

I'll try that tomorrow ~ I'm working the orange & spice for tonight's endeavor

• Members

get a bottle of Vitamin C of around 1000mg and take it every day. It does wonders for clearing up sinus issues and thinning mucus. It also builds your immune system and helps you heal better and acts as an anti oxidant. It takes about a week to begin to see a big difference but you will see less and less issues with congestion. The vitamin C is lost quickly during periods of stress, the same kind of stress the musician sees when he performs.

I used to sufferer from chronic allergies and was practically addicted to antihistamines. I haven't had to use them in years because I haven't had a single cold in years or any kind of congestion.

Also limit your alcohol content, and increase your water consumption if you do drink. Alcohol causes the water in your system to evaporate more quickly and you wind up with irritated sinuses. The Vitamin C and additional water help immensely. Also limit the deadly dairies. Dairy products induce mucus. Skip the cheese and milk products especially. Take a calcium vitamin D tab daily instead. These work with vitamins to keep your bones healthy.

• Members
get a bottle of Vitamin C of around 1000mg and take it every day. It does wonders for clearing up sinus issues and thinning mucus. It also builds your immune system and helps you heal better and acts as an anti oxidant. It takes about a week to begin to see a big difference but you will see less and less issues with congestion. The vitamin C is lost quickly during periods of stress, the same kind of stress the musician sees when he performs.

I used to sufferer from chronic allergies and was practically addicted to antihistamines. I haven't had to use them in years because I haven't had a single cold in years or any kind of congestion.

Also limit your alcohol content, and increase your water consumption if you do drink. Alcohol causes the water in your system to evaporate more quickly and you wind up with irritated sinuses. The Vitamin C and additional water help immensely. Also limit the deadly dairies. Dairy products induce mucus. Skip the cheese and milk products especially. Take a calcium vitamin D tab daily instead. These work with vitamins to keep your bones healthy.

great

thanks for the tips

• Moderators

I find that the best way to clear up mucus is to try your best to avoid it. From my own experience, mucus usually comes due to infection, allergens and dehydration. Sometimes certain foods can also trigger excessive mucus. Best thing to is to stay healthy, drink plenty of water, and avoid any "trigger foods". For me I try to minimize on oily, greasy fried foods and dairy.

Archived