Do I have a decent singing voice?

Jah1993

• Members

I am shy about my voice it is rather low(in my opinion.) for a girl. A small amount of people have said I sound good, but I don't know if they're just trying not to hurt my feelings. I am 22yrs old. Here is a short acapella.

• Members

You sound great! Yes you can sing! Your tone is consistent and relaxed...and very rich in my opinion. Are you able to sing the chorus in a way the is more powerful than the verses? If so then you can definitely sing! If not, then expiriment with your voice until you can. Most of that power comes from the breath. Just be sure your voice remains relaxed...no straining! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The vibrato suggests that you're singing correctly, using the diaphragm. However, I am slightly against using it for an entire verse. But that's just personal taste getting in the way. I can definitely say that you're a decent singer.

Like my vocal instructor always says, "No one is the greatest singer because everyone has their own greatness".

• Members

You have a great chest voice. That is the low register of the voice. I suspect that you probably have a great call voice (upper midrange) and probably a great head voice, too, but perhaps you just don't know how to access them.

Find out a little more about the different registers of the voice and do some checking and experimenting to see what you can do to incorporate the higher registers and combine those with the great low register that you already are accessing.

You have a good voice. Develop it to its full capacity!

Bob

Archived