Please Critique My Voice and Help Me Sing Jazz

• Members

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. . I just want quick feedback for my current voice for now- but it's okay if you don't do that. But I would definitely love tips for singing jazz. My new favorite genre. I've only been singing jazz seriously for the last few days, so I'm afraid I'm not very good. But I'm open to constructive criticism. The song is Pennies From Heaven, a jazz classic.

• Members

Hey, I'm no expert but I from what I understand you just need to practice a lot to get your voice to sing everything in perfect pitch. In other words just do the conventional exercises, things that any competent singing teacher will ask you to do. Go to a teacher and learn from her. You have a nice tone. Do what is most logical. Go to a good teacher and learn as much as you can.

• Members

Hello! Voice is nice, you have a potential to be very good. Jazz is probably the most complex style and there are many academies just for jazz... I think you go many times out of tune which the first and the most important thing in singing. I do not know the song, but try listening to one line then pause and repeat. Compare pitches, try to be able to sing it perfectly along with the track. A cappella is really advanced, you have to have everything in head from the tiniest details. First, compare this track to original note by note and see where you are flat or sharp (a little bit off) and where you totally go off. Also, when melody is mastered, sing a cappella using metronome or find some metronome online. It may be really precise, but remember there is no singer who sings perfectly on pitch, timing etc. Just most of the time, sometimes everyone goes a bit flat or sharp. Make a lot of effort, enjoy, improve and enjoy improving. Also, find a really good teacher (can cost 30$/hour or more) to help you with breathing, control, power, pitch and rhythm. Jazz has really complex rhythm patterns.

Archived