Head voice exercises

jw10

• Members

Hi JW10,

Now you mentioned headvoice, and I am assuming you are referring to a non-breathy falsetto. But there is another definition of headvoice, you can click here to read more about that:

So if you are referring to the non-breathy falsetto, what you can do is start in a falsetto up high and use scales that slowly descend. You are going to pull your falsetto register down as low as you can.

The key is that you need to focus on keeping your tone non-breathy, very bright and maintain a bright ping in the sound. Practice on AH, EE and OO.

Then you want to get good at bridging from chest to this type of non-breathy bright falsetto without hearing a break or flip.

This is ONE PHASE of training that lays the groundwork for building up the mixed voice later. Mixed voice is not about "doing an exercise" it's about building up skills with a PHASED APPROACH to training.

Now I also want to warn you that building the voice is not just about WHAT exercises you do, but HOW you do them. Your voice will not grow if you're doing things incorrectly. I have no idea what sort of skill you have so I am just offering general advice here. You can read more about what I mean here:

http://www.grow-the-voice.com/vocal-exercises-to-improve-singing/

I hope you find this helpful, good luck with your journey!

Archived