My take on TC helicon Voicetone singles

• Members

So I've just got this vocal board all setup.... Radial JS2 splitter(to feed pa Dry/wet) dry off to pa, wet goes through the TC helicon T1 adaptive tone, then D1 doubler, then E1 echo, then R1 reverb. I learned you have to "wake up"the T1 by turning up the gain until the gate wakes up and you get any sound from it. Well a subtle pedal the T1 is good for adding slight compression/de essing and taming the low end. The d1 has less uses for me but I find the octave down to be VERY cool for vocal pseudo bass! the doubling functions otherwise can sound a little corny, but blended in just right can thicken things up for extra punch in a chorus or something, The E1 and R1 are both very simple yet capable units for delay and reverb, albeit they don't have as much control/parameter options, it's not that hard to dial in a good generic type of sound. They are very useful for maintaining a consistent vocal effects sound live and I find that with the JS2 in the board, giving the soundguy options of dry and wet makes all the difference with live vocal effects! anyone else have experience/stories with these units???

Archived