My opinion on finding YOUR true singing voice!

JCasidy

• Members

fetch?id=31487277

Learning to sing – can anyone teach you how to sing? Of course, if you have the patience to learn and practice. One of the most common questions of beginners is if it is important to be able to sing in tone and pitch. Yes, it is very important or you might as well be singing absolute nonsense.

A song that is sung by melody rarely sounds like an original. Many people think that they are tone deaf and unable to sing in melody. However, the reality is that anyone is able to sing well if he/she still has got his/her vocal chords.

It is a skill, and just like anything else, put in time and effort and you will reap great rewards. All you need to do is to practice. Train your hearing in order to be able to determine the right pitch and notes. In the end, you will be able to find your own unique melody.

Be patient and give yourself time to find your own breathing technique. Does your voice hurt when you try to sing like someone else? Most likely you simply haven’t found your own singing voice yet. The first and most important task for a new singer is to find his own unique singing voice. After this, you can accept it and free it.

The hardest is not to find your singing voice, but to accept it. Imagine you discover that you have a great voice for singing country music, but you do not like country. Here fits the old saying, “When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.” The world is full of talented individuals who wish that they were great at something else, like basketball players who wish they were professional baseball players, or hockey players who wish they were football pros and so on.

It is same with music. Many musicians love to listen to different styles of music instead of the one they create. You must accept your unique voice even if you don’t like it and live with it. Remember, as your voice improves and progresses over time, you will be able to sing in different styles as well.

So how can you find your unique voice? Remember, if you feel like you sound like a wounded dog, there is a good chance that you just haven’t found your natural singing voice yet. Practice and research are the most important methods to achieve your goals.

You can also consider hiring a professional singing coach for certain period of time. It is a great way how to find your unique voice. A personal coach will help you receive immediate feedback on your progress.

If coaching is not a viable solution for you because of high cost of other reasons, another great solution is self-practice using CD or DVD sets made by professionals. They provide professional insight in everything there is to know about singing. I, myself, have had a great success with such products. This is because I prefer to practice from the comfort of my own home and it is way more affordable than professional courses or coaching. One of my favourite methods and the one I would recommend to others who want to improve their singing is superior singing method

So there you have it! In my opinion it is really possible for anyone to learn to sing. We all have a gift and it is our job to nurture and praise it. If you are really serious about singing just start practicing now and reap the rewards later. It is never too late to get started!

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

I don't know what "A song that is sung by melody rarely sounds like an original" means. Most songs have melodies except for rap and talking blues. All songs are originals unless they're plagiarized.

Can you put it another way?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The first thing you need to do is find your vocal range.You can find your range by singing scales, starting with the lowest note you can clearly sing and continuing until you aren't able to hit a higher note.you can also use famous vocal coach.then other thing is record the songs in different styles and listen it back and choose which one is suits.finding right direction whether it is country,jazz,musical theaters because it is importent to find your direction and identify the tone of your voice which suits you best.all this thins you can do to find your true singing voice.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

[uSER=743359]JCasidy[/uSER] We need more than the like buttons up in here! [uSER=139534]Robert Lunte[/uSER] I'm just now learning about sound color. I think it's very fascinating...it made me realize that there's so much more to my voice personally and there's so many different ways I could sing a song :)

• Members
[uSER=743359]JCasidy[/uSER] We need more than the like buttons up in here! [uSER=139534]Robert Lunte[/uSER] I'm just now learning about sound color. I think it's very fascinating...it made me realize that there's so much more to my voice personally and there's so many different ways I could sing a song :)

Yes, of course! For people new to this, "sound colors" = singing vowels. NOT language vowels, but singing vowels, they are not the same.

Archived