Problems needing Unisons

Kcr

• Members

I'm having a problem with needing to sing in unison with an instrument or person. When I try to sing with pure melody I get lost and my tune is off sometimes way off even though I know and have practiced the song a long time. Is this ok? What does it mean? Could someone help me? I do have a vocal instructor but the sessions are short.

• Members

Well I'm not Davie but no it's not ok and obvious as this may sound, you are unprepared. Any examples of the songs giving you trouble?

Meanwhile, one fact that may be lost on music fans is that singing properly is often an exercise in rhythmic precision. You can often have note values into the 32nds and nano triplets - all on a very precise studio click. And that's commercial ballads lol. So there's that and if you're not counting or haven't developed the ability, you're probably guessing at / faking the feel. If the song has a looser tempo, (rubato in Italian) it's even harder to stay on it and you did say _unison_ . Nothing will sound like separate entities more than trying to sing unison. Every nuance that isn't perfectly duplicated will blow the invisibility bit. This includes pitch / intonation / vibrato as well as accent , inflection and articulation on multiple axes. More than you wanted to know but you asked.

Next.

Archived