Hello, New to this forum. Take a listen to my cover of Journey's "Who's Crying Now".

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Hello Jay, thanks for posting. I think that is a great way to get some positive feed back. I have been singing professionally for over 30 years and teaching Vocals for a while. Also I have a vocal coach for accountability. Your passion for singing it evident. I see much potential. You just need a little coaching to get it in the pocket. This is something I recommend all serious singer to do. Not pushing my services! Your vocals or strong. Keep up the singing and one pointer I can give you is record your vocals and then listen back. If you really listen to yourself you can hear where adjustments need to be made. We are our own worst critic! there are a few others thing that you could do that would train your ear so your sound it tighter and you are on top of the note.

Jessie

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Jay,

You sound pretty good. You're not flat, I respectfully disagree with the previous poster. Your voice should be quite a bit higher in the mix, though. You have to really listen intently to hear what you're doing.

You have a very good handle on the tone for this song. At times it could be more supported, but overall, I think you did a very good job on this tune.

Doing a good job on a Steve Perry tune is no walk in the park, and you did well!

Bravo!

Bob

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Here's my deflationary 2 cents...Good tone, nice vibrato BUT flat in a lot of places.

That would easily be remedied by practice; by singing this song without a shred of vibrato.

You also don't "peak" when you attempt to hit those high notes so my advice would be to exercise

the muscles that govern your range so that you could hit them 100%

Archived