E-Cigs and singing voice

KOOKMON

• Members

Hello all, new to the forums. I am a singer and unfortunately a smoker. I am thinking of switching to E-cig . I'm curious if anyone has done the same and if it has effected your voice in any way?

I'm scared of anything that messes with my voice. Thanks in advance!

• Members

Oh hell yes! I switched to e-cigs and within a couple months I could breathe easier and hold notes longer.. I am now almost a year and a half off tobacco. I am self taught so I don't know much technical stuff and it takes me forever to reach "the next step" on the ladder but after quitting the "next steps" started coming faster and faster, and my voice is becoming much more powerful. Any changes to my voice have all been positive. Not to mention other aspects of life. Oh and the best part? I was spending $250 bucks a month on tobacco. Now I spend about $30 for e-cog supplies.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Hi Kookmon... Although I was never smoking real cigs.. I am a vapist myself and have noticed NO adverse effects against the throat EXCEPT the dryness of the throat.. E-juices with high PG levels (you can get 100% VG at any vape store, so it doesn't have PG in it), are well known to dry out the throat and mouth...

One solution: Drink plenty of water during your vaping. Happy vaping! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived