Need advice on my singing.

• Members

Hey, I'm new here. Need some advice on my singing, since I feel like I am having some issues. In particular regarding my head voice. I just am not very happy with it and I practice and practice without feeling like I am getting anywhere with it. Hopefully anyone here can help me.

https://soundcloud.com/zs_multiplayer/hands-up-english-test

It always feels like my head voice is too light as well as it being hard to transition from a lower register to a higher one. Also, I feel like I am losing breath at times, since my voice can't seem to keep stable after a while.

• Moderators

It sounds like your higher notes are head voice dominant. In my opinion, your head voice register sounds pretty good.. To get the sound you're wanting you probably need to develop a mixed belt voice. You should work on blending the head voice downward and smoothing out the bridge. That way you will be able to belt the notes when you want to.

• Members

Wow, this is awesome! It sounds great. You have a very strong falsetto voice. When you come down into the chest voice on the word "shore" if you can open up the "oh" sound a bit more, you could sound even more consistent with the vocal tone. Try to emphasize the beginning consonants a bit to help the voice come out more freely. You can check out singhigherwithoutcracking.com in order to sign up for a free voice lesson video course that will help you to develop the mixed belt voice that Davie is suggesting.

Sounds awesome! Very cool style.

• Members

Yeah, anime is mostly Japanese. I mean the accent of course. I point that out because just as intonation and interpretation must be stylistic, words can add an even stricter element to singing. There is actual intellectual content after all. What is your native language? If i tried to sing one of your folk tunes, I'd have you on the floor LYAO.

Archived