Is my singing tone good/bad?

brusted

• Members

I did use autotune and pitch correct because I can't sing in tune all the time but I just want you to focus on my tone and timbre of my voice. What should I work on (other than pitch control) to perfect my voice as a singer? Please just give me an honest answer and don't try to ride around the bush with your reply. Yes, and explain why Or no, and explain why would be the type of answer I'm looking for. Just please say what you mean and tell the absolute truth.

• Members

This is the type of answer I said I didn't want. Either yes or no. WHy do you guys on this forum do this riding around the bush with your answers stuff? It's just frustrating how when I ask a yes or no question I get this kind of answer. I'll repeat the question. Is my tone good for singing (regardless of what I'm born with) Please answer yes or no. nothing else! please

• Moderators

Its not advisable to use an autotuned sound clip to judge vocal tone, simply because autotune not only changes pitch but it also changes the overall tone as well. I listened back to your "Somewhere over the rainbow" clip. Your tone isn't bad, and I think you have the potential to build upon it. If you worked at improving your vocal technique then your voice WILL surely get better. Not everything is set in stone. Its all about how dedicated and willing you are to work for it.

• Members

I can hear a lot of effects on this recording. I think it would be easier to hear your natural voice without all of the effects. It is hard to give good critique to auto-tuned tracks. I agree with the comment above, the tone is good.

Archived