Looking for singers in London and the South East of England

lunarindustries

• Members

Hi, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this sort of thing here. So moderators, please let me know where else I can post this if this isn't the right place.

I am a London based music producer. I am currently putting together a collaborative EP and I am looking for 1 or 2 guest vocals. I would describe my music as alternative with some popular themes like rock, soul, funk.

The 2 styles I am looking for are soul/motown like Curtis Mayfield, Al Green, Marlena Shaw, Bobby Womack, Aretha Franklin, Marvin Gaye.

And Indy/pop like Florence,London Grammar, Alex Clare, John Newman.

If you feel you have a great voice and you have the time to get involved creatively then I would love to hear from you. I am in contact with several record labels who will be keen to hear the results of this EP.

Here is a link to the demos as they stand right now:

At the moment I have put in piano as a guide melody for the vocals but these are by no means set in stone and I would be happy to collaborate on the melody and lyrics.

If you are interested then please get in touch with examples of your work and we can take it form there.

Cheers for now.

Lucas

• Members
I am in contact with several record labels who will be keen to hear the results of this EP.

What does this mean exactly. What kind of contract do you want the singer to sign. What kind of $$$ are we talking. A serious singer is going to want these details.

• Members

What does this mean exactly. What kind of contract do you want the singer to sign. What kind of $$$ are we talking. A serious singer is going to want these details.

It means that I am in contact with several A&R departments from record labels who will listen to the tracks once they are completed. Meaning that if the music is good then it has every chance of the project being signed up. I have paid singers in the past. And some singers I have collaborated with on a points basis. In the UK there are plenty of singers who will work with several producers on a points basis with the hope that one of those projects will see some success. If it gets to that stage then a contract would be drawn up. Has that answered your questions?

• Moderators

Hi there,

Your posting is fine here. However if you want gain more peoples interest then I would recommend disclosing more details and maybe tell us a bit more about yourself.

-Do have you already songwriters on board for this? What is your experience in terms of being a songwriter? or are you looking to have the singer contribute most of the lead melody and lyrics? In that case the singer needs to treated as a principle songwriter and should be given a greater amount of the songwriting credit and royalties.

-Are looking to feature those singers as artists? or are you simply looking for singers to demo tracks for you?

-How many songs are looking to release on the EP?

-How are you positioning the EP? Is there a coherent theme and artistic vision? Is there is going to be a title artist?

• Members
Hi there,

Your posting is fine here. However if you want gain more peoples interest then I would recommend disclosing more details and maybe tell us a bit more about yourself.

-Do have you already songwriters on board for this? What is your experience in terms of being a songwriter? or are you looking to have the singer contribute most of the lead melody and lyrics? In that case the singer needs to treated as a principle songwriter and should be given a greater amount of the songwriting credit and royalties.

-Are looking to feature those singers as artists? or are you simply looking for singers to demo tracks for you?

-How many songs are looking to release on the EP?

-How are you positioning the EP? Is there a coherent theme and artistic vision? Is there is going to be a title artist?

I'm happy for you to move it to be honest. I'm not really sure why you would presume that I wouldn't credit someone for their work both financially and on paper?

All the information that I need to give out at this moment in time is in my original post. I'm not hiding anything, if someone hears the music and feels they have something to contribute and likes the project, then the details can be discussed.

A well established singer will have a rate already in mind which they can let me know about and an up and coming singer may be willing to get involved for the experience without an upfront fee. I would always credit their contribution.

With regards to writing, then that entirely depends on the individual that I end up working with. I am a top line melody writer also so I imagine the duties will be somewhat shared. But we will just have to see.

Let's move on shall we?

• Moderators

I only mention songwriting credit because it is often overlooked by many people who have posted here in the past.. Please understand that I am not trying to attack your post in any way. I'm just listing possible questions people on the forum might ask or want to know. This is to help you in refining your search for suitable candidates.

Archived