A technique to maintain good vocals...

jinny

• Members

This comes from experience not theory:

Michael Jackson actually practiced while moving. And that is what you need to do. I remember an old school motown gospel artist saying how he used to jump up and down on the spot while doing scales.

Run on the treadmill, jump up and down, whatever it is - get used to moving whilst practicing. It will expose obstructions in your voice and eliminate them. Make sure you have a good handle on proper support before doing this because you need to know how to sing from down low not up in the throat.

• Members
This comes from experience not theory:

Michael Jackson actually practiced while moving. And that is what you need to do. I remember an old school motown gospel artist saying how he used to jump up and down on the spot while doing scales.

Run on the treadmill, jump up and down, whatever it is - get used to moving whilst practicing. It will expose obstructions in your voice and eliminate them. Make sure you have a good handle on proper support before doing this because you need to know how to sing from down low not up in the throat.

Yeah, that is what that group that i posted does also. They would run on the treadmill and also their manager would throw items like coins on the floor and had them sing while picking up the items one at a time while singing.

• Members
Those would make good spots at a big beauty pageant. I like the sets and choreography. The material is kinda cheesy though.

I felt the same way when i first started listening to it. It gradually grows on you though, but yeah, it sounds cheesy when i first heard it especially this song, but it turned out to be my favorite ....

Archived