How are my vocals?

baswessels

• Members

Hi everyone,

Since a month ago I took a serious go on singing, I notice that I make really big steps.

But only other people can tell me how I sound, and if it is nice to listen to.

I know I still need to practice alot, espacially on the high notes, but at first I couldn't even get the pitch for this song.

I recorded this about 2 weeks ago, and the bridge sounds awfull haha, but I got it now after some practise, so don't hate on that part :)

Please give me tips and tell me what you think of the sound of my voice, please be honest.

By the way, it is not the meaning to sound like Dave, I want my own vocal sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAMYUoQRdjE

Thanks alot!

• Members

@baswellels,

Well, it's a mixed bag, this song. Some parts of it you do very well, and some parts you are clearly singing the wrong note. You picked a really difficult song. It's not likely that you would be able to pull this one off flawlessly. The verses sound pretty good. The choruses have some notes that are wrong. The parts you sing right sound good, and the ones you are singing off on, well, you're off on those.

The bridge, you said we can't hate on you there, so let's not talk about that part.

The sound of your voice is very good. It works for this type of song well. You just need to be sure that when you do a song that is this different from the norm that you REALLY know the melody well, so you don't have to fish around for the right note. It's also difficult to play those guitar parts and sing at the same time. I think you have the voice for the high notes, but you haven't practiced it slowly enough to ensure you get all of the odd ones and the hard ones right on the money.

So STOP and WORK OUT all the different little quirky notes in this song. Line-by-line, verse-by-verse, chorus-by-chorus, and nail the bridge.

That's all there is to it. You'll get it if you just focus and take the time it takes to learn a difficult song like this.

All the Best!

Bob

• Members

@highmtn

Thanks so much for your reaction, I'm glad you liked my voice, it means the world to me.

I signed up for private voice lessons and allready had my first one, and the high notes are getting better and better.

Thanks so much for the advice and the reaction.

All the best,

Bas

• Members

Good for you, @baswessels! You are taking the bull by the horns and going to get to work on fixing all the little inconsistencies. You have a good voice to start with, and now you can work on turning it into a better, more reliable instrument.

All the best! Let us know how you are doing.

Bob

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

Your voice sounds really good. It is mesmerizing and soothing. Nice guitar playing! I can tell English isn't your first language which isn't a big deal, BUT it does matter with how you are grounding your voice. Try using an "uh" on words that end with "er" EXAMPLE: Forever change to forevah. This will give you bit more depth in your tone and make your voice more consistent throughout your entire range.

This video will help you with the transition between medium-high notes.

Archived