Judge My Singing? Pretty Please?

musicisawesomez

• Members

Hi guys! I'm a fairly new singer, never had any vocal coaching but I love to sing. I just started posting covers a few days ago to get suggestions on how to improve my singing so any comments are greatly appreciated :D2 I recorded all the vocals with the sound recorder app on my phone so I apologize for the less-than-ideal quality. Here are the links to the two cover I've uploaded so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqTLzllC6KE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u8HFOwDutY

Like I said any comments are greatly appreciated and I'm working hard to improve my singing and it would mean a lot to me if you guys subscribe to my channel! I guarantee that you won't regret it in the long run :cool: Thanks for reading!

• Members

@musicisawesomez,

The sound of your voice is pleasant.

Your breath is a bit inconsistent, as well as a bit too airy. Your tone and consistency could be improved by increased breath support. Towards the end of longer phrases your voice has a tendency to wobble a bit and go flat.

Breath exercises and scales can help you to strengthen your voice and build more consistency.

You really don't sound so bad for not having any training, but training could make a big difference in your voice. Without training, you don't really know what you're doing right and what you're doing wrong. Since singing is something you enjoy, why not get just a little more serious about it and get yourself a little training through a local vocal instructor or an online course. You could also try Skype lessons. With an overall vocal program, you could overhaul your voice and rebuild it as a strong, structured voice that you would have much more control over.

You have the potential to be a much better singer. Right now, you are a bit unstructured.

All the Best!

Bob

Archived