FEEDBACK

Josefine Lea

• Members

Hi! I've linked my soundcloud in another forum-post but since I have made more covers and hopefully improved some so I'd be very happy if you could just listen and give honest opinions! :)

I'm still not sure what kind of music my voice suits for either so I'd be superglad if you could tell me your opinion on that too.I enjoy listening to heavier music but I don't know if my singingvoice fits for that kind of music though. https://soundcloud.com/josefine-lea thanks in advance.

• Members

Hi @Josefine Lea,

You have a nice voice. One thing that all singers need and you need more of is Support for your breath. It will give you more consistency to your voice, and improve your tone and also your intonation.

On Absolution it's a bit breathy and needs more support.

On Black Chandelier your tone is less breathy but a little pitchy and still could use more support. Someone else marked on Surrender at 2:02 where your pitch is out of bounds.

You have so many tunes, I don't have enough time to review them all.

I believe I've mentioned before that at times your pitch goes flat towards the end of phrases. Support will help to give you more consistent control over your breath and your pitch.

You do have a great character and feel to your voice. I would like to see you commit to learning the basic building blocks of singing that would help you to address the same issues that are apparent in whatever songs you sing. Those issues will remain until you tackle them. They are fixable. It's called vocal training. It involves practicing on exercises that will train your voice. Simply singing songs the same way all the time will not do for you what a vocal training program will do for your voice.

You need to build strength, consistency, support, pitch training, and turn your voice into the monster that wants to come out of you and sing to the world. Yeah, I know you just want to sing with your friends. OK, then you're already good enough for that. If you want to get on stage and rock everybody, then go for it and do it for real. You have what it takes, but you haven't developed it enough to be that far along. It won't happen by continuing to do what you're already doing.

Figure out what you want to do, and do it. You sound great for messing around with your friends. I sense that you want more than that. I could be wrong...

All the best!

Bob

Archived